Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Royals Season's Tickets

Hey Coach - nice to hear from you ! Miss you on OUR Forum --- Got your WHL season tickets yet??? ---- NOT ME !! I'm signing up for the Victoria Symphony this winter --- -- now if RG wasn't running things and screwing the public , with another 35 years to do it ---- I would probably support the new Team, but --- Screw me once - I'm cautious !! Screw me twice - & I'm outta there!!!

Got to wonder too, about a league that pulls a successful Team out of a City after 5 years of faithful community support. WHL's motto of " Keeping a Team in a supportive community" is kinda 'Blown out of the water,eh?"

I wonder how long RG will keep the Team here after the initial Buzz wears off, or if something CHEAPER to operate comes along???? You gotta know that they don't give a ' Fiddler's F@&%' about the Fans or the City.

Enjoy your Summer Coach !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer View Post
    Hey, Royal Flush, with all respect, skf is a very knowledgeable hockey Fan, and has probably Backed Up more miles than you've driven ahead.

That being said, and as a LONG time hockey Fan, with connection to the game as early as 1955, I've got to say this --- The Team did not Suck ! -- nor does the league, and the Team did not fold because NO ONE went to the games, as you note.

The ECHL is Pro hockey ! --- Faster ! Quicker ! Harder Shots ! Harder Body checks ! -- & Controlled emotion !!! ------ Junior hockey, as good as it can be, cannot compare, nor is it meant to compare to the higher quality professional game.

The only reason that the Salmon Kings were shelved ( notice that RG still owns the Team ), is that RG chose NOT to market and promote the Team. ---- They never did want a Payroll or associated costs !! They were forced to go the Pro route because their contract with the City required a 'Main Tenant' , and the dormant ECHL franchise was their only out.

If Mr. Lee, Mr. Dakers, and their RG associates would have promoted the Team, both on and off the ice, as a 'Community Team', with proper Tier seat pricing, more affordable Corporate promotion, and with more concern to the Paying Fan, the Salmon Kings could have easily drawn in 6000 plus every game.

I do hope that RG has learned their lesson in Team management/ownership in a Municipal format, and that they operate the Team as is necessary to become successful.

I do know that they will meet with success in years 1 & 2, but I hesitate to say, that UNLESS they (RG) operate the Team totally differently, that years three on with meet with slumping attendance and decreased interest.

Its just too bad that RG has chosen to operate the Team themselves. A local business Group of knowledgeable Hockey people is really is what is required to carry the interest and success onto the level that YOU would like to say.

And talk about skf changing his 'handle' at you quote, you're really not one to talk !!-- It really seems to me that YOU are a real 'Royal FLUSH' --- Swoosh !!-- Down the Drain you go !!

wonk wonk wonk...if it was such a great league and a great team why did it fail.Because it sucked! Jesus man did you actually watch the crap that was on the ice by all teams in the league. I was a season ticket holder since the beginning and could only hope and pray we landed a WHL team so we could watch some talent.

Guess why a group of businessmen didnt buy the team? Because they would lose money,just like RG was losing money. They are gone,the Dub is here so deal with it.

Well ! Guess What ! I Have dealt with it !!

I am NOT purchasing season tickets !

I am NOT participating as a Game Nite Sponsor !

I am NOT purchasing Team wear !

I am NOT promoting RG along with all my business associates !

I am NOT supporting RG by purchasing any Food onsite, either at the Restaurant or Concourse outlets !

AND, I'M NOT ALONE !!! -----

i think we just witnessed a 50 something having a temper tantrum...

This forum is usually very respectful and most of the time educational. The WHL introduces a team from Victoria and we get the immature arguing and name calling that is prevalent in the BCHL forum. Must be something in the water (or the sewage dumped in the ocean at Clover Point).

Iconwhl

Well ! Guess What ! I Have dealt with it !!

I am NOT purchasing season tickets !

I am NOT participating as a Game Nite Sponsor !

I am NOT purchasing Team wear !

I am NOT promoting RG along with all my business associates !

I am NOT supporting RG by purchasing any Food onsite, either at the Restaurant or Concourse outlets !

AND, I'M NOT ALONE !!! -----
    Sounds like the city of Saskatoon !! Oh well , 75 % of the business people in Saskatoon dont support the Blades and they do quite well !! The two Cities are very comparable in size as well. Go Royals Go !!

Hey Coach - nice to hear from you ! Miss you on OUR Forum --- Got your WHL season tickets yet??? ---- NOT ME !! I'm signing up for the Victoria Symphony this winter --- -- now if RG wasn't running things and screwing the public , with another 35 years to do it ---- I would probably support the new Team, but --- Screw me once - I'm cautious !! Screw me twice - & I'm outta there!!!

Got to wonder too, about a league that pulls a successful Team out of a City after 5 years of faithful community support. WHL's motto of " Keeping a Team in a supportive community" is kinda 'Blown out of the water,eh?"

I wonder how long RG will keep the Team here after the initial Buzz wears off, or if something CHEAPER to operate comes along???? You gotta know that they don't give a ' Fiddler's F@&%' about the Fans or the City.

Enjoy your Summer Coach !!!
    I am there to watch "actual" hockey not beer league so called professional hockey without rivilaries.

Echl fans have alot of explaining to do & crow to eat calling that "Professional". Victoria should be delighted to see the WHL after the huge mistake many years ago letting them go. It comes down to ownership, hopefully they can do it right this time. My expectations are less with juniors due to the fact they are not paid "professionals". But they all try harder then any echl player, as they have not failed yet and settle for the beer league.

Coach, it's as you say --" It all comes down to ownership" ---- And do you think that RG is going to operate THEIR ( Not the City's) new WHL franchise that much differently???

But, I did see some end zone 'Tier Pricing' -- hey so maybe, just maybe, we'll a new outlook on Team marketing and promotion in the community??? There will need to be if they expect to be successful with the fickle Victoria Fans

I'm surprised at your 'turncoat' comments though about ECHL players not 'not trying hard', and that it's a 'Beer League' ------ I saw a lot of very entertaining hockey over the last 6 years --- You must have been watching a different game than me, and I attended EVERY game.

And, by the way, 'Victoria' did not let the Cougars go, as you state !! -- Get your Facts straight, The WHL and Brodsky took them away !!!

I'm appalled at your lack of hockey knowledge!! --- Not the Coach I once knew !!

50guy...this is a WHL site for WHL fans...there is an ECHL site over at www.victoriasportsauthority.com please go over there if you have any ECHL comments or complaints...we now have a different league...different fans...real hockey...now f#^% o%* and let us WHL fans discuss OUR NEW TEAM!!! Go away!!!

GO ROYALS GO!!!

---' Flush ' !! -- 'Swoosh' !!