Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Royals Season's Tickets

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer View Post
    ---' Flush ' !! -- 'Swoosh' !!
    Obviously you are a plumber !! Just like the Salmon kings !!
    Give the Royals a try , I think you might even enjoy it !!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by the Royal Flush View Post
    hey salmonkingsforever...the team sucked,so did the league...they folded because no one went...end of story...change your handle and get with the times...this is real hockey...not some washed up mens beer league without the beer...
    really, time will tell..

last i checked the Salmon Kings had on average over 3000+ fans per game. You cannot say that no-one went.

What was the average attendance the last few years of the WHL Victoria Cougars? Dont think it comes remotely close to that.

3. Default

wonk wonk wonk...if it was such a great league and a great team why did it fail.Because it sucked! Jesus man did you actually watch the crap that was on the ice by all teams in the league. I was a season ticket holder since the beginning and could only hope and pray we landed a WHL team so we could watch some talent.

Guess why a group of businessmen didnt buy the team? Because they would lose money,just like RG was losing money. They are gone,the Dub is here so deal with it.
    the team did not fail. The WHL snubbed RG properties years back and told them they wouldnt get a WHL team. So RG went and got an ECHL franchise in order to secure building an arena. No hockey team would have meant no arena. RG had to do something. The moment that RG could get a WHL francise, when the Commissioner finally saw fit, they got the WHL team. Thus they had to get rid of teh ECHL team.

So what. What is done is done,and its not your worry if the team suceeds or fails or whatever. Get over it the Skings are gone.

GO ROYALS GO!!!

Hey, Fatshad -- enough with the personal attacks !! This is a forum to discuss opinions, and we may differ as to what we want and believe, but there is no need for 'name calling'.

Referring to our 7 year tenure " Salmon Kings' as 'Plumbers' is simply BUSH, and it deserves to be considered as the garbage that it is !! Something a 'Red Neck' would say, & don't think you fall in that catagory.

And Royal Flush, if you attended as many games, and knew as much as skf does about Hockey in Victoria, I might even listen and respect your remarks.

All I want you to do is, wait 7 years, and see if the attendance and interest in the Royals, is even near to that of the SKs. ---- Yes, Yes, I know-- They'll sell out the opener but do you REALLY think that you're going to see the crowds, over the long haul that attended the SK games ?? -- UNLESS RG has learned a lesson, operates the club as a Community Hockey Club, or sells the Team to a Group of local businessmen, with KNOWLEDGE of how to Run a successful Sports Franchise.

So could we please have respect for each other's comments, and allow opinions that may vary from others on this forum.

Thank you !!

6. Default

So what. What is done is done,and its not your worry if the team suceeds or fails or whatever. Get over it the Skings are gone.

GO ROYALS GO!!!
    actually it is my worry whether the team succeeds or fails. I remember how poor the hockey choice was here in Victoria between 1994 and 2004! I dont want to see that happen again.

Iconwhl Royals Success

Success at the WHL level is measured by winning hockey games and it surely helps the players to be successful when there are large supportive crowds for home games. I really hope the good citizens of Victoria get behind ther new Major Junior team the Royals because it does make a big difference to these young players when crowds are large and into it !!!

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer View Post
    Hey, Fatshad -- enough with the personal attacks !! This is a forum to discuss opinions, and we may differ as to what we want and believe, but there is no need for 'name calling'.

Referring to our 7 year tenure " Salmon Kings' as 'Plumbers' is simply BUSH, and it deserves to be considered as the garbage that it is !! Something a 'Red Neck' would say, & don't think you fall in that catagory.

And Royal Flush, if you attended as many games, and knew as much as skf does about Hockey in Victoria, I might even listen and respect your remarks.

All I want you to do is, wait 7 years, and see if the attendance and interest in the Royals, is even near to that of the SKs. ---- Yes, Yes, I know-- They'll sell out the opener but do you REALLY think that you're going to see the crowds, over the long haul that attended the SK games ?? -- UNLESS RG has learned a lesson, operates the club as a Community Hockey Club, or sells the Team to a Group of local businessmen, with KNOWLEDGE of how to Run a successful Sports Franchise.

So could we please have respect for each other's comments, and allow opinions that may vary from others on this forum.

Thank you !!
    The comments were in response to your flush ! Swoosh post . I really dont have anything against yourself or the Salmon Kings and am sorry that you took it the wrong way !

All OK, let's move on ! fatshad, I do agree, BIG crowds sure to make a difference ! And that's where RG proved to be weak during the past few years.

Any Hockey player, whether in Junior, or professional, at all levels thrive on crowd support. They are in the business of entertainment, and they WANT to entertain.

But, if your Team ownership does not market and promote, off ice, it doesn't matter at what level, the Team will lose Fans, and attendance will dwindle. There is just too much competition for that 'entertainment dollar', and if the Fans do not get the complete experience, they will tend to find other media where they will.

So, the success of the Royals is directly in the hands of RG. Let's hope that they don't not replicate the substandard marketing effort that we saw with the SKs.

But, I still have to wonder, with 'THREE' Junior Teams here in Victoria, who will survive in the long hall.

I notice that the Grizzlies have a tremendous amount of weekend games, in relation to the Royals ---- Your input???

Smile Royals Success

You are right that marketing is huge in a competitive sports market. I followed how this whole Chilliwack to Victoria move shook down and it was very much orchestrated by Ron Robison and the WHL board of governors. They wanted to get a franchise back on the island in the worst way and I believe there will be one in Nanaimo in the future as well. So I am hoping that they will be watching the Royals very closely to make sure RG is doing this right. The last thing the leaugue wants is to be standing with egg all over its face after steering this move. Yes it is nice to get as many fri , sat , sun games as you can for kids and family outings. However weeknight games are usually fine if you start at 630 or 700 and not 800 on those nights.

The Victoria Royals will be very high profile as far as the league is concerned this first year of operation. I for one do hope they stick there nose in if foolish decisions are being made by RG Properties !