Thread: Pat Conacher

Default Pat Conacher

Best of luck to Pat Conacher in his new post as Head Coach of the Regina Pats. I know he was well respected by the players and everyone in the Bruins organization last year. He will be missed !

Hey, and you don't think that Conacher didn't talked to outging SK Coaches, Mark Morrison and Ryan Wade about RG Properties ????

Conacher could have had the Head Coach job here in Victoria BUT passed on it.
    ---- and WHY??? -- Duh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer View Post
    Marc Habscheid is the Head Coach, so actually he actually couldn't. While your statement is completely false, we get your point that you don't like RG Properties...

Humm! Rumours in the City were that Habscheid was to move up to GM ---- did you not hear that from your Hockey circle??

From whl.ca
    May 26, 2011 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Victoria Royals

Victoria, BC - The Victoria Western Hockey League (WHL) Franchise is proud to announce that Marc Habscheid will continue with the Victoria Franchise as their General Manager and Head Coach after holding the same position with Chilliwack over the past two seasons. During his time with the Bruins he compiled a 65-64-6-9 record and led the club to the WHL Playoffs in both seasons.
    He holds both titles actually, but since you have already made it pretty clear in your 7 posts that you are not interested in the WHL, and are just on this site for the soul purpose of trolling, I think we can let the fact that you didn't know this 2 month old snippet of information slide this time.

Hey, and you don't think that Conacher didn't talked to outging SK Coaches, Mark Morrison and Ryan Wade about RG Properties ????

Wobnet did you forget your daily meds.

Hey SectionN, Yes we know that Habsheid now holds both titles CURRENTLY !!

But Conacher, I'm told by inside sources, refused the Offer to be Head Coach after discussions with the former SK Coaches

And I did not say that I'm not interested in the WHL, nor have I ever belittled the WHL on ice product, so take it easy, L'll Buddy !!

I will attend more than my share of games, thank you, BUT yes, I do feel that RG Properties has NOT acted in the best interests of the Victoria Hockey Fan, either with the SKs or now the Royals.

Were you aware, for example, that the Blue colour jersey, and associated " ROYALS " lettering was stolen/coped from Riverview High School in Moose Jaw Sask, who have carried that basic jersey(less hockey stick etc) for over 25 years??? --- Bet not eh !!!

I'm simply a Victoria Hockey Fan who has supported, both personally and through business, the Victoria Cougars, Victoria Salsa, and the Victoria Salmon Kings for the last 30 years . And I am not, as you say, trolling. I'm simply stating my opinion, and are relating facts that have come my way. ---

Isn't that what a FORUM is all about ??

And you?? --- SectionNDeserter -- WHERE !! WHEN !! WHO !!

Hey SectionN, Yes we know that Habsheid now holds both titles CURRENTLY !!

But Conacher, I'm told by inside sources, refused the Offer to be Head Coach after discussions with the former SK Coaches
    I heard from inside sources that he didn't. See? I can play the "Hearsay game" too!

It is fairly obvious to most people that he wanted to be a head coach, and he probably didn't want to wait around until Habscheid fired himself. An opportunity presented itself so he took it.

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer
    "I am NOT purchasing season tickets !

I am NOT participating as a Game Nite Sponsor !

I am NOT purchasing Team wear !

I am NOT promoting RG along with all my business associates !

I am NOT supporting RG by purchasing any Food onsite, either at the Restaurant or Concourse outlets !

AND, I'M NOT ALONE !!! -----"
    "NOT ME !! I'm signing up for the Victoria Symphony this winter"
    Screw me once - I'm cautious !! Screw me twice - & I'm outta there!!!
    I will attend more than my share of games, thank you
    Look at that, you didn't even say NOT in those last two quotes. I think you are starting to come around. You will sure be easy to spot at the games, you will be the peckish looking guy wearing a cape and a monocle instead of a jersey (Thats what Symphony-goers wear, isn't it? Capes and monocles?).

Were you aware, for example, that the Blue colour jersey, and associated " ROYALS " lettering was stolen/coped from Riverview High School in Moose Jaw Sask, who have carried that basic jersey(less hockey stick etc) for over 25 years??? --- Bet not eh !!!
    The Chilliwack Bruins' jersey design was pretty familiar too, I think I saw it somewhere before.... Same with the Portland Winterhawks' jersey.... Come to think of it, a lot of non-professional and even semi-pro teams have very familiar jersey designs. I think you may have blown this case wide open!

Hey SectionN, it's obvious that you have not been to the symphony in recent years. Golly, Jeepers, some even wear jeans these days!! -- Don't think that I've seen any Capes or monocles, unless there up there in the 'Nose Bleed', or SectionN ---!! - LOL

Hey, how about I pick you up & well go see some High Brow Classical entertainment ! -- Who knows, YOU may even enjoy it !

But, yup, I'm coming around, and will soon be a WHL Victoria Royals Fan !!

I think where the rumour about Conacher, was I believe Habby has/had an out clause tied to "change of ownership" in the club. He did take time to weigh his options, so Pat was likely discussed with as "option B" should Habby decide not to join the team on the island...after all, he took the job in Chilliwack so his FAMILY could all be together and be somewhat stable...something an NHL player and coach doesn't always have. When he decided to stay, it obviously closed that door, it did open others as we see now.