Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by RaineBlade View Post
    I was a Bruno supporter but, your right, standings don't lie. May be time for an overhaul and, sigh, another rebuild. But since we are a tight budget team I can't see the BOD releasing personnel until contracts are up. What are the contract statuses of Young and Campese?
    both contracts are up at the end of the season

Wow, Mahura looked great last night. He had great speed, puck control and created a few chances with terrible linemates in Braid and Bourhis. Unfortunately, after the 1st period, Luke only saw a shift in each of the next 2 periods, which is a common theme in PA with the young guys.

Having one of the oldest rosters and losing hockey games will get the fans uneasy very quickly as it has been, but if the hockey club took suggestions from those paying to see the games, they would know that the losing blow would be less absorbed and more understood if it was an eager, younger team losing, rather than an aging and minimal talent type team.

I just thought Mahura held his own and his energy would have helped late in the game, regardless of the score/attempt at a comeback that wasn't going to happen. At least, the fans would have been supportive of his efforts, much like in the first period. At this point:

-Play the kids ALOT more
    -Sell off the aging players
    -you're losing already, might as well groom some of your prospects
    -Stop acquiring everyone's leftovers/castoffs who won't be 20's next season

So in the event of a re build, what do we do with
    McNeil- Will have a extra year and can be the face of the team but theres a good chance we lose him to to pro's next year.
    Herrod- Can and has showed signs of greatness, unfortunately he is very inconsistent.
    Maylan- Our best player this year with a commanding lead on team pts
    Tochkin- Just traded for him and has been good but something we lose at years end.

All that and our goalie situation looks great.

bloody frustrating year, counting the games that we would have won if we took less pims than the opposing team is tough to bare. Again lastnight, 2 PP goals and its the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkHockey View Post
    So in the event of a re build, what do we do with
    McNeil- Will have a extra year and can be the face of the team but theres a good chance we lose him to to pro's next year.
    Herrod- Can and has showed signs of greatness, unfortunately he is very inconsistent.
    Maylan- Our best player this year with a commanding lead on team pts
    Tochkin- Just traded for him and has been good but something we lose at years end.

All that and our goalie situation looks great.

bloody frustrating year, counting the games that we would have won if we took less pims than the opposing team is tough to bare. Again lastnight, 2 PP goals and its the difference.
    trade mcneil and ruopp to the blades for their memorial cup run and try to take the farm from them in the process. and i highly doubt mcneill would get a season in the nhl next year

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    trade mcneil and ruopp to the blades for their memorial cup run and try to take the farm from them in the process. and i highly doubt mcneill would get a season in the nhl next year
    I agree PA should do something like this but would there be a concern with losing out on NHL development dollars (not sure what they get)? Mind you if I was Chicago, I would give PA a little monetary incentive to trade McNeill somewhere where he could develop under a successful system.

Looks like kamloops signed Brock Balson