Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    I haven't heard anything I guess they probably don't want to release any 20's until they know who is comming back. I am hoping that one of the recently released vets from orher teams come. Tarnasky would be a nice 3rd line vet. There is also Moser and Hutt looking for teams. But I would imagine there will free agents from BC though.
    I think the foundation has been set to keep progressing upward. There is a fine balance between adding youth to the team without taking a step back. If the top 6-8 forwards are back and you can add youth from within the list the team can keep heading forward. I'm sure nobody expects to fill up the roster with older players to sacrifice the future. We've seen what that can do to teams. We're headed in the right direction and the staff is adding pieces when they fit while keeping an eye on the future. The fun is seeing if there are diamonds in the rough that are able to replace an older player. That's where you can all of a sudden take care of the future while improving for the present.

Totally agree. Things are looking promising for this season and the next, especially promising if all eligable returnees return. I'm hoping there will be a few diamonds in the rough, I believe there will be a few guys up their games from last season.

Great news from the team...Season ticket sales are up. Get yours now if you haven't. I predict another jump once fans see the talent pool take to the ice this weekend. Wouldn't 2000 be a nice start? It can be done. Take pride in being a part of it.

I couldn't agree more! This is my first season with season tickets and im looking forward to many more.

I'm a Boston fan (keep the booing to a minimum hab fans...this is a Raider blog). There is nothing better than being a fan from the start and enjoying the ride. So jump on board now Raider fans. Be a part of it along the way and playoff success is that much sweeter. Buy your season tickets and that helps the team build success on and off the ice.

Were Kozun and MacAuley out at Minto camp?

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy1 View Post
    Were Kozun and MacAuley out at Minto camp?
    Neither were present at the camp. Both are expected to move on to junior. the goalies were Tyrell King, Travis Pelletier, Tanner Burgardt and Lee Lueken. King played with the West Central Rage of the PJHL last season, while Pelletier backed up Gibney in Moose Jaw. Burgardt, a Regina Pat draft pick, is expected to be one of the goaltenders to make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    Well looking at the training camp tournement schedule there are 4 teams this year. So I would imagine that the Raiders have at least 70 kids at camp this year. Probably the 50 ppl and some some free agent invites as well as probabaly some minto vets that are not listed by other teams. What will be interesting is how many goalies are at camp. If Zentner, Williams, Tucker, Fiebelkorn, Holewenko, Knight, Parentau, and Phaneuf are all at camp that would be 2 goalies per team. I was at the Minto scrimmage and Phaneuf did not even make there top 4 goalies . I tried to get ahold of the lineups for the teams but they are well protected right now . It will be interesting to see who comes forsure.
    Nice set up for camp. Take time off work and watch the games or you might miss some great hockey competition. Fill the seats and create atmosphere for the boys......and pick up your season tickets on the way out.

Taryn Phaneuf wasn't at Minto Camp.He is playing in Yorkton with the AAA team there.Macauley and Kozun will not be back with Mintos,either WHL or they will be reassigned to JR.A

Makes me nervous when I hear the word "guarantee" in hockey. It's like a carrot dangled in front of a player....but in a blink of an eye it can be gone. Sometimes players see the writing on the wall and make a move elsewhere to improve their chances. That may be the case here. The grass is not always greener elsewhere even if it appears to be. I'm not that familiar with the circumstances and hopefully it works out for all involved.