Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AGM

Hybrid View

Default AGM

I am on vacation, but I heard there were some changes last night on our BOG, is there any truth to this?

Default AGM

Quote Originally Posted by metalrules View Post
    I am on vacation, but I heard there were some changes last night on our BOG, is there any truth to this?
    Longtime Board President Brian McNaughton was not re-elected, effectively ending his tenure as a member of the Hurricanes Board of Directors. There were six people running for five board positions and McNaughton was the only one not elected.

I believe that if there would have been a 7th person running Mr. Wichers would have been ousted from the board as well!! Just my opinion but the general feeling I got from the meeting was most shareholders are not happy with the "status quo"!

4. Default The door was open..

Quote Originally Posted by scrawny69 View Post
    I believe that if there would have been a 7th person running Mr. Wichers would have been ousted from the board as well!! Just my opinion but the general feeling I got from the meeting was most shareholders are not happy with the "status quo"!
    for another candidate to be nominated from the floor. The "group" that wanted "payback" for Michael Dyck's contract not being renewed, had every opportunity to do just that. Add another name to the ballot and thus have Brian Wichers join Brian McNaughton on the chopping block. Apparently, they got what they wanted. McNaughton out.

If this team was privately owned, no one would have a say in how the club was run.

In the end, we all want one thing.........for the Hurricane's as a team, as a group of players to succeed on and off the ice!

"Chow for now!"

Let's hope Mr.Wichers does'nt make it in as president.

6. Default Choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Let's hope Mr.Wichers does'nt make it in as president.
    So if you do not want Mr. Wichers as president, who on the board would be your choice?

Just curious.

"Chow for Now"

Default all we can hope for..................

is that as a new unit they dont decide to go in a new direction...........
    GO CANES GO.................

Icon06 no sweat

I don't think going a new direction is an option. The last couple of years whether you like the past pres or others there has been a tremendous amount of work done on transparency and organizational matters. Preston is getting his chance, it is up to him and the scouts. The org is set for success, business and management wise, just need the proverbial winner.

9. Default Trouble is....

...whether you approved of McNaughton or not, the Hurricanes have lost a key link to the WHL. It will take time and a lot of effort for the new president whomever it may be, to earn the respect that McNaughton had within the WHL circles.

Management is looking good both on the business and hockey sides and with basically a new building to play in, things look promising. However, the pressure is squarely on the shoulders of Preston to produce a winner. He has a lot of great looking young talent in the cupboard, it is up to him to develop them. As he said at the AGM.....there is six inches between a noose and a halo.

I too doubt there will be any change in direction.

Chow for Now!

I agree that not re-electing McNaughton will be a major loss to the team as far as the WHL is concerned. Wichers is a bit of a joke and will never be taken seriously. I particularly enjoyed the lady who stood up and told the business manager that people weren't fooled by his smoke and mirrors presentation. Now we will probably have Wichers heading the board and his best friend managing the office. Let us hope that Preston can save us on the ice.

I can't wait for the season to start. Go Hurricanes go!