Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AGM

I agree that not re-electing McNaughton will be a major loss to the team as far as the WHL is concerned. Wichers is a bit of a joke and will never be taken seriously. I particularly enjoyed the lady who stood up and told the business manager that people weren't fooled by his smoke and mirrors presentation. Now we will probably have Wichers heading the board and his best friend managing the office. Let us hope that Preston can save us on the ice.

I can't wait for the season to start. Go Hurricanes go!

Question agreed

The lady who stood up was a biased mom. We will see about the "smoke and mirrors" and this year will tell the tale of the tape. I choose to look at it positively. I want the Canes to succeed unlike some others who can't wait to see them fail. If they fail, then what, bragging rights. What would be he point of the "smoke and mirrors" comment when everyone in the room knows that the on ice performance and a winner is what draws the crowd.

3. Default Biased Mom For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    The lady who stood up was a biased mom. We will see about the "smoke and mirrors" and this year will tell the tale of the tape. I choose to look at it positively. I want the Canes to succeed unlike some others who can't wait to see them fail. If they fail, then what, bragging rights. What would be he point of the "smoke and mirrors" comment when everyone in the room knows that the on ice performance and a winner is what draws the crowd.
    Right on Blacksheep! That woman who made that comment is most certainly a very biased mom. She is also part of the group (once labelled themselves as the "official opposition") who were out for one result at the AGM, to get rid of McNaughton. As someone mentioned to me at the AGM it was a very vindycktive act in order to get even. What surprised me was that they did not nominate another candidate, thus removing Wichers from the board as well. I hope they are happy with the result......and they let the board and the club proceed on the path that has been set. Strangely enough, that path was set by the board, led by McNaughton.

Quote: "Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind."

Chow for now!

Default Smoke and Mirrors?

Gee, I must have been at another meeting, but to me the "Smoke and Mirrors" was all about a business plan. Way to go MOM! We all know that the club must be successful on the ice to bring more bodies into the building! Especially in this city where the negativity by a select few, permeates throughout the building and city.

Great quote, Stuck!

On a more positive note....Training Camp opens on August 31st at Adams and it will give us a good look at the talent that Preston-Robson have drafted over the last two years.

Hit the Road Jack!

There was a little smoke and mirrors. The business plan is a very rosy look at the future. The team still has failed to sell 2500 season tickets, a pretty sad number. Interesting to note that the 25% off brings the canes closer to the league average for tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    I agree that not re-electing McNaughton will be a major loss to the team as far as the WHL is concerned. Wichers is a bit of a joke and will never be taken seriously. I particularly enjoyed the lady who stood up and told the business manager that people weren't fooled by his smoke and mirrors presentation. Now we will probably have Wichers heading the board and his best friend managing the office. Let us hope that Preston can save us on the ice.

I can't wait for the season to start. Go Hurricanes go!
    If we are relying on Preston then we are screwed.

But I guess with the morons running this team off the ice we are screwed either way.

Getting rid of Mcnaughton was a small step forward hopefully soon the team can actually get someone in there that knows about hockey and cares about building a successful franchise in this city.

Nice to see u back Moon. I don't see u declining your free tickets and even if you do pay maybe you shouldn't and stay home. Here is a quote from above for you. "Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind."

Icon06 MacNaughton

I fail to see how MacNaughton has respect around the WHL when he has been the President of a sinking ship since his inception. I won't go into details, but there have been many, many examples of his lack of leadership in the Cane's organization.

You don't agree?

Its easy to throw mud when you don't or don't want to provide details. Anything can be speculated, anything can go around the water cooler. Your forget in 08 when they went to the WHL final, McNaugton was president. Your theory goes down with the sinking ship.

Default it seems no matter what anyone says...................

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Its easy to throw mud when you don't or don't want to provide details. Anything can be speculated, anything can go around the water cooler. Your forget in 08 when they went to the WHL final, McNaugton was president. Your theory goes down with the sinking ship.
    you are going to bang it out with them if they say anything against the canes or the board in general..try understanding where they are coming from first instead of randomly craping on peoples opinions because they do not align with yours...................
    GO CANES GO.................