Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades Training Camp 2011....

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    Anything on Kaelen Wall or Cody Young?
    Both have had fairly strong showings. Neither has done enough to truly stand out from anyone else though. Wall is in that mix of guys that is just on the outside looking in and stuck behind guys like Fafard, Statchuk and even Lernout.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Both have had fairly strong showings. Neither has done enough to truly stand out from anyone else though. Wall is in that mix of guys that is just on the outside looking in and stuck behind guys like Fafard, Statchuk and even Lernout.
    Does Statchuk stand a chance at making this team?

I've been more impressed with Lernout then I have with Statschuk, what mite get him on the team and Lernout off the team is he's older then Lernout, Molleken might not wanna have a 16 yr old d-man but really I think Lernout has been the better player in scrimmage.

Like it or not, Lorne is going to have to use atleast 1 16 year old defenseman. I know there were concerns about Statchuk opting out of the WHL to pursue the NCAA, so we'll see how that goes.

Don't be shocked if he gets offered a spot on the team and declines.

It will be interesting to see who does get a job on the blueline....Fafard, Pichonsky and Busenius all looked pretty good so far.

Up front I think McEvoy is a lock to make the team already.

I've been impressed with quite a few rookies and not as impressed with a couple of veterans up front. Hope Molleken isn't going to be giving a free pass to all the vets especially if the rookies continue to impress.

Whats the story on Bews, i felt he needed a good camp to stick around, his play last year did not really impress me. a good rookie showing could displace him. I hope im wrong and i hope he gets going like he did the first few games he was with us 2 years ago, more physical and in the game at both ends.

How has Makarov done? Has be been solid enough to knock Morrison out for the #1 spot? If so have any of the other goalies done enough to have Lorne consider moving or letting Morrison go to save the overage spot?

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    Whats the story on Bews, i felt he needed a good camp to stick around, his play last year did not really impress me. a good rookie showing could displace him. I hope im wrong and i hope he gets going like he did the first few games he was with us 2 years ago, more physical and in the game at both ends.
    Bews got smoked today by Duncan Siemens. Right at center ice. Bews left the game and didn't come back. Looked like a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by auch07 View Post
    How has Makarov done? Has be been solid enough to knock Morrison out for the #1 spot? If so have any of the other goalies done enough to have Lorne consider moving or letting Morrison go to save the overage spot?
    He's been awesome. The best goalie at camp so far along with Patrick Johnson.

Morrison hasn't been very good at all, although he was better today. I don't think Mo's job is safe at all. I think the team wanted to see how Makarov was before considering a possible trade and it looks like he is more than capable.

First cuts have been announced. All of them were invited players.

Connor Swystun - D I liked this kid, I thought he looked like one of the better d-man out there. Hope he's back next year.

Graham Gove – C

Shaun Cooke - C

Eric Saleski - C

Reid Pennington – G

Dylan Hopfner – C

Joel Kocur – C

Tyler Pickett – RW

Eric Wicijowski – LW

Holden Daley – D

Levi Barnstable – C

Teal Sobkowicz – LW