Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Blades Training Camp 2011....

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    Well Daae was invisible because he was sitting beside me in the stands.LOL . I dont notice Stockl as mush as some guys are talking about. Zajack is a keeper. Haas need to focus on playing the game, not so much on the scraps. after one game Schmitt seems to fit in well, i hope with regular ice time the give aways go away. Over all a good group that will need the help from our vets that are at other camps
    I guess thats Travs answer about Daae then lol

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    Well Daae was invisible because he was sitting beside me in the stands.LOL . I dont notice Stockl as mush as some guys are talking about. Zajack is a keeper. Haas need to focus on playing the game, not so much on the scraps. after one game Schmitt seems to fit in well, i hope with regular ice time the give aways go away. Over all a good group that will need the help from our vets that are at other camps
    Lol guess that'd explain why I didn't see Daae but even still, he hasn't done a whole lot when he's been on the ice and is being outplayed by two 16 yr olds. IMO an 18 yr old rookie has to stand out and he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I'm for Makarov as well. He played good, only one goal he probably wished he had back, the third goal though Stipancik I believe it was, let his guy go by and score. That guy hasn't impressed me at all.
    Stipancik wasn't on the ice for that goal, you must be thinking of 25 who was playing D also, Stipancik was the only plus D in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by overandunder View Post
    Stipancik wasn't on the ice for that goal, you must be thinking of 25 who was playing D also, Stipancik was the only plus D in the game.
    Ok, thanks, thought it was him, just saw it a was double digit d-man, first number being a 2

I agree the 18yr old players really have to step it up, its a make it or break it time of thier careers. if the raw talent isnt there the work ethic has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    Stransky did NOT struggle at the Traverse City tournament. I was able to watch a streaming game of them on different occasions and in both games he was outstanding and picked up points both times. So in my opinion, you don't have any concrete evidence to back up your notion that he has been returned.

In the case of Darren Dietz, the Canadiens were very high on him entering camp but nothing has been really said of him in rookie camp thus far. However in saying that, he has taken a huge step in his development so far and it wouldn't at all be surprising if he is given a longer look.

Once again, I will keep you all posted.

by Rick Stephens, AllHabs.net
    Day 1 rookie scrimmage:
    The star of the game was Dietz who was strong defensively but also showed that he has an offensive side to his game. He chose his spots wisely jumping into the offense to create opportunites and draw defenders.

http://yourcanadiens.blogspot.com/20...amp-day-1.html
    If people came to watch Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi, they didn't see too much. If they come to see this interesting pick from the last entry draft, however, they'd have left happy. Dietz had a very solid performance, showing good speed for his size and - in a game where lots of defensemen seemed to pinch unnecessarily - showed smarts on when to and not to support the attack. A project, sure, but love the potential.

Thanks for that boy i haven't seen a player improve as much as Deitz has in a very long time since he was listed by the Blades his game just kept getting better and better

I can think of a player who has improved on his same level or perhaps higher and that is Ryan Johanssen from the Portland Winterhawks. Johanssen was playing Junior B or lower as a 16 yr old and improved and grew so much that season that he was able to make Portland as a 17 yr old and the rest is history.

Now Dietz wasn't a first round pick by Monteal like Johanssen was by Columbus, but Dietz is certainly on a comparable curve in terms of potential and being a late bloomer. I think Dietz has firmly solidified himself as a top pairing WHL defenseman and perhaps one of the better two-way defenders the league will possess this season.

As kind of expected, the Blades have assigned Austin Daae to Estevan of the SJHL. He was a player who did well in Midget AAA but didn't have the speed or the desire to put up points in the WHL.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/b...gn-austin-daae

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    As kind of expected, the Blades have assigned Austin Daae to Estevan of the SJHL. He was a player who did well in Midget AAA but didn't have the speed or the desire to put up points in the WHL.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/b...gn-austin-daae
    Not surprising.