Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Walk-up Prices

Post Walk-up Prices

So after years of diehard Salmon Kings fans pestering management to bring in tiered pricing (based on seat) they do it for the Dub:

Walk up adult prices:

Club: $25
    Ring (first two rows of all sections) $25
    Centre Side: $19.50
    Sides: $18
    Corners: $15
    Upper Corners: $12
    Senior/Student: $15
    Child: $12

Personally I don't see the attraction of "Ring" seats, but in general the price distribution seems fair.

Right, pontcanna ! As has been noted many times, RG did NOT WANT the ECHL to succeed here in Victoria, BUT they were more than happy to take the hard earned dollar from the local hockey fan, while at the same time providing a non-caring and LESS THAN professional Off Ice experience.

Iconwhl Tiered Seat Prices

If what you say about RG is true , not wanting the Salmon Kings to be successful. Why in the world would they ever start with them in the first place. Doesnt make sense to me in the least !

Quote Originally Posted by fatshad View Post
    If what you say about RG is true , not wanting the Salmon Kings to be successful. Why in the world would they ever start with them in the first place. Doesnt make sense to me in the least !
    Because they had to fill the arena with something and the ECHL was the best way to go for 7 years until our Mayor decided to place a carrot in front of RG Properties to get the WHL back home.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fatshad View Post
    because there was a referendum for the approval of the new arena being built in Victoria, and the main condition was that Victoria would get a WHL team. Shortly after the referendum was approved and the new arena was going to be built, the commissioner of the WHL said that the league is not expanding, nor relocating any team.

cut to a few years later, and that position changed, welcoming both Chilliwack and Edmonton.

but since the WHL did not want to be in Victoria then, RG properties decided to get another league here, and it was ECHL.

So, let me get this straight ! Being a former 7 year SK STH, I get mail from RG to purchase Royals Season Tickets.

ADULT -- SKs $ 615.46
    Royals $ 576.00

SENIOR &-- SKs $ 420.49
    STUDENTS Royals $ 396.00

Jeepers, for just a FEW dollars more I watched, Bigger, Faster, & More Talented, PROFESSIONALS !!!!

Shouldn't the price to watch JUNIORS be Substantially LOWER??

Seems to me that the LESSER Quality Royals Junior Game should be more than just 6% LESS in cost than the Professional SKs Game !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer View Post
    So, let me get this straight ! Being a former 7 year SK STH, I get mail from RG to purchase Royals Season Tickets.

ADULT -- SKs $ 615.46
    Royals $ 576.00

SENIOR &-- SKs $ 420.49
    STUDENTS Royals $ 396.00

Jeepers, for just a FEW dollars more I watched, Bigger, Faster, & More Talented, PROFESSIONALS !!!!

Seems to me that the LESSER Quality Royals Junior Game should be more than just 6% LESS in cost than the Professional SKs Game !!!!
    Feels good to be s_rew_ed and still go to the game dosen't it.

ADULT -- SKs $ 615.46
    Royals $ 576.00

SENIOR &-- SKs $ 420.49
    STUDENTS Royals $ 396.00

Are you for real. Professionals????????????????????? my a$$

Bigger? In most cases. Faster? Some might be, some might also be slower. More talented? Hardly.

I think you are putting a lot more distance between these two leagues than there really is. I have watched both, and they share some basic fundamentals;

1. First, they both have relatively high and predictable roster turnover numbers, as WHL players move on to the pro ranks and/or graduate from the WHL at the end of their overage season, or just become victims of the overage numbers game. In the ECHL, a lot of the players play there for a year or two, then play in Italy or Slovenia or somewhere, or just retire, or to a lesser extent move back up to the AHL level or even the NHL level.

2. They both have limited pools of talent to draw from, and are generally comprised of some top-caliber players, supported by a lot of 'warm bodies'

3. They both provide a lot of inexpensive, quality entertainment.

4. They can both be counted on to draw a similar number and demographic of fans in a given market.

5. A good number of the players in the ECHL *are* players that just graduated from Major Junior as overage players, or the aforementioned victims of the overage numbers game.

If that is actually how cheap SK season tickets were, then I would have to seriously question their business model, as the Royals' season tickets are not out of line with most other WHL teams (some of which still lose money). I might be missing something, but it seems to me that the operating costs for a team that actually pays it's players and has to travel to the east coast should be considerably higher. Could be why 45 ECHL teams have folded, suspended or relocated since the league's inception in 1988.

Which is why it was a sound business decision to go with the WHL.

Also need to acknowledge that the walk-up prices are, in many instances, MUCH less than they were for the SK's.