Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Walk-up Prices

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pontcanna View Post
    Which is why it was a sound business decision to go with the WHL.

Also need to acknowledge that the walk-up prices are, in many instances, MUCH less than they were for the SK's.
    that is because i feel that RG properties set up the SK's to fail. all along they wanted the WHL and i think they were just "waiting in the wings" until the league could give them a team.

Why else would it take them 7 years to finally figure out to go with Tiered Ticket Pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by salmonkingsforever View Post
    that is because i feel that RG properties set up the SK's to fail. all along they wanted the WHL and i think they were just "waiting in the wings" until the league could give them a team. Why else would it take them 7 years to finally figure out to go with Tiered Ticket Pricing?
    You may be right. But at some point, this bulletin board may be more about the Royals than "what may have been" with the SK's.

the fact is the ECHL sucked...

Wrong 'Royal Flush' !! --- NO HOCKEY SUCKS!!

Hockey at every level is entertaining within it's own competition level.

The Grizzlies play Entertaining Hockey

The Cougars play Entertaining Hockey

The Peninsula Panthers play Entertaining Hockey

AND the VICTORIA SALMON KINGS PLAYED ENTERTAINING HOCKEY !!

Again, ' NO HOCKEY SUCKS ' !!! But, I do know a FEW FANS that do !!!

And the Royals WILL play entertaining hockey and YOU WILL get to see future NHL stars.Wobnet get back on your meds as you are making a complete fool of yourself and it is getting rather boring to most of us.The Skings are over forever,they had a few choice moments,but only a few.Perhaps you could go to the arena on the 17th and pick up some Sking memorabilia and greet OUR new WHL team.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I might be missing something, but it seems to me that the operating costs for a team that actually pays it's players and has to travel to the east coast should be considerably higher
    You missed something all right. The Salmon Kings never travelled to the Eastern US once in their entire existence. The former WCHL "patched over" with the E and as such we played teams from Alaska, Idaho, California, Nevada etc.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pontcanna View Post
    You missed something all right. The Salmon Kings never travelled to the Eastern US once in their entire existence. The former WCHL "patched over" with the E and as such we played teams from Alaska, Idaho, California, Nevada etc.
    actually you have it wrong.. the first year they did play 8 games out east.

8. Default

i just wish that people would stop bringing up the WHL vs the ECHL crap.

almost every topic with regards to the Victoria Royals has someone bring up which league the feel is the better league.

The WHL is here, for now folks. Accept it!

Quote Originally Posted by salmonkingsforever View Post
    actually you have it wrong.. the first year they did play 8 games out east.
    Hey, seems they only did it once, I must have forgotten all about it. But at any rate, flying east wasn't part of the regular budget.

I just love how everything is so "peachy" and "rosey", and how the fans are suposed to lick the boots of RG Properties and the WHL for stealing the Bruins from a city who cared about the team, from the fans who cared about this team, all because the ownership group wanted a change and Robison told them IF the ownership changes one tiny bit, they would need to sell the team to Victoria (because of some back door dealings and politics), yet publicly came out and claimed that keeping the Bruins in Chilliwack was their first option.

No...Robison, your first priority was to lick Graham Lee's boots and screw all those left in the aftermath.

It also shows how pathethic RG Properties are in the fact that they would rather just fold a team for nothing then try to relocate it. Places like Thunder Bay, Bozeman, Chilliwack (before the Chiefs came back) or Quebec City would have been good cities to look at. But that's not good enough apparently...