Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Walk-up Prices

The title of this board is "WHL Fans". Victoria Sports Authority has a good bulletin board for those who want to keep the SK's alive and talk about the unfairness of it all (I must admit I don't mind talking about it, but at least I am a fan of major junior).

http://www.victoriasportsauthority.c...php?board=47.0

Post Arena alcohol sales ban punishes innocent

T-C Letters:

Arena alcohol sales ban punishes innocent

I always thought that Canada was a free country, a democracy, based on the rule of law. After reading about the legal battle at the Save-On Foods Memorial Centre, I now realize that Canada is not a free country. We have institutionalized the punishment of thousands of innocent people with the stroke of a bureaucrat’s pen.

In 2007, four underage drinkers were ejected from the arena. But that wasn’t good enough for the Liquor Board. The next 20,000 or so spectators at the arena had to be punished too. It matters not that these citizens are innocent. They committed no crime. Not only that, the board has decreed only “major” events be included in the six-day penalty.

We are on the road to serfdom when a regulatory body can, and does, persecute and punish innocent citizens.

Bruce Sellars

Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by pontcanna View Post
    The title of this board is "WHL Fans". Victoria Sports Authority has a good bulletin board for those who want to keep the SK's alive and talk about the unfairness of it all (I must admit I don't mind talking about it, but at least I am a fan of major junior).

http://www.victoriasportsauthority.c...php?board=47.0
    Unfortunately Pontcanna cannot see past his ...............
    Where were you during the ECHL days........ exactly nowhere.
    Now that the kids are playing and maybe one out of the next 4 years may rise to stardom.
    The rest will be working or maybe good enough to play ECHL and there will be "Pontcanna" saying there are my super stars.
    Give it a break and let those who enjoyed the last 7 years, payed thousands of dollars to watch a good game to only have it pulled out from under them

WHAT HE SAID !!!!! And we have NOTHING against the WHL, patcanna or Royal Flush, nor watching KIDS play at the junior Level.

Our disappointment is with RG Properties, NOT the WHL, although when you see what the WHL did to Chilliwack, the WHL has exhibited little credibility as well.

And it's not keeping the Salmon Kings ALIVE, it's all about what RG did, or more what RG DID NOT DO to KILL THEM !!!

Will they do the same to the Victoria Royals???

Only time will tell ! Year #1 - OK, BUT year #2 and on will be interesting.

Now, if RG was out of the picture, and someone who KNEW how to run a successful Hockey Franchise, with the Community in mind, rather than the 'Bottom Line', or their own pocket books, operated the Club, us so-called negative ECHL SK Hockey Fans WOULD FULLY SUPPORT ANY Franchise skating out of the PPP SOFMC.

Where was I? Hmmm, at the first game, the last one and about half of the ones in between. Sorry that doesn't meet season ticket holder standards.

All I am saying is that for people to come on a list called "WHL Fans" and go round and round in circles about the Salmon Kings (a team I enjoyed for the most part) is pointless. Are we going to declare a statute of limitations on this or can we expect the same ranting all season?

I guess there's not enough activity on this board for an administrator to wade in and make a call on this matter. By the way, I was serious about taking it to the Sports Authority board. I look back there quite a bit to see what people are saying, but it's dead. Appears this is the only home for Caps Lock and the PO.

I dont think this is a live and die issue at this point - there is bound to be some SK fans that are bitter - as long as the banter doesnt get nasty i am ok with it on here.

I think that there are alot of issues that your new franchise will need to address - the first and foremost is winning some games. There will always be some fans saying i told ya so if they dont.

There will be some speed bumps along the way but i have first hand experience with Habby and he will not accept second place. He also has a habit of sending out the goon squad when things dont go his way so it will be entertaining if nothing else.

Dub hockey is great hockey but what makes it the best to me is the fans. Dub fans everywhere i go are true fans to their team. Any chance you get to chat up fans from the other team do so - you will find most are very friendly and usually have great hockey knowledge. Alot of times you will see jerseys from the other team and they will be parents of players. So dont be scared to welcome them to your barn.

As you all may see, for the most part I am the person that is putting everything that I can find on the Royal's on this forum. As the season starts you will see videos from me as well with game highlights, fights, etc.

As said before it is the way we were switched from ECHL to DUB.
    I will be the first to congratulate them as well as dist them for their lack of control of the game. IE all the penalties in the preseason games, the types of penalties and then the amount that certain players are continually getting.

If I did not like what was coming I would not be forking out over two thousand dollars for my two seats this season. And yes that is a lot of money compared to other teams in the league.

Post $5 Tix?

Another good marketing idea...who'd a thunk it? Even as the cheapest season ticket holder ($11 a seat on average) I wonder if I've missed out. Since this is box-office only (not online, so it seems) it will likely be limited to the downtown folk. Or folk working downtown. I'd be there every Monday like clockwork. Old Darren Parker seems to know what he's doing. Or, further evidence of the Kill the Salmon Kings Conspiracy Theory.

ROYALS MAKE ‘MAD MONDAYS’ THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK

$5 tickets available starting September 19th
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals hockey club knows how to deal with a case of the Mondays, and that’s by giving them a name and a Monday blues-blasting offer!

The 2011-12 WHL regular season will see the introduction of ‘Mad Mondays’, where fans will have the chance to purchase tickets to see the Royals live at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre from the upper rows of our end sections for an unbelievable price of $5.00!!

Tickets will be available at the Select Your Tickets box-office every Monday of the regular reason for that week’s games only, starting September 19th in advance of the Royals’ Home Opener against the Vancouver Giants on Saturday, September 24th.

Only a limited number of standard and wheelchair accessible seats will be released for each game, meaning they won’t last long. Purchases are limited to four tickets per person per game.

Default Mondays

There were about 20-25 people at the arena ticket window @ 0930 today, along with a camera from CHEK or A-Channel or something, documenting the special Monday ticket deal.