Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Default Training Camp

For the love of god someone get down to the rookie games and report here ASAP!

2. Default Not started yet...

Official start to camp is Tuesday...

Just wondering if someone could pass along a report on the performance of 15 year old Dman Dominic Thom as camp goes on. Would love to hear how he does.

I'm off work basically all week, so I'll probably be going to every game I can. I'll post my impressions here after for sure. Can't hardly wait for it to get started.

Boltz can I get you to do me a favour. There is a young player named Thom at camp there can you maybe pass along how camp goes for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Boltz can I get you to do me a favour. There is a young player named Thom at camp there can you maybe pass along how camp goes for him?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-raEW_nYcb0

Can someone who is down at rookie camp give me an update on the 3 defenceman who are pushing for spots. Will they take 1 or 2 of Nikkel, Waltz and Kuczek?

Quote Originally Posted by coors View Post
    Can someone who is down at rookie camp give me an update on the 3 defenceman who are pushing for spots. Will they take 1 or 2 of Nikkel, Waltz and Kuczek?
    Second year BWK fan here new to these threads Saw all the spring camp. Kuczek wasn't there. Waltz seamed a little scattered but has some skill, Nikkel looked like one of the 2 vets that were there! Thom looked like he had potential a little rough around the edges will be interesting to see his developement over the summer. I will try to be at most of the camp. Will post what i see for what it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by coors View Post
    Considering they will have

Melnychuk
    Fransoo
    Hunter
    Miller
    Pulock
    Roy
    Galbraith

That does not leave a lot of room. Wouldn't shock me to see Galbraith play forward though.

I would think there are 2 spots available for rookie D men

Nikkel is going to get a spot. He was very good last year and at the camp in the summer he was head and shoulders better then everyone else.

I think Kuzcek is physically ready to play in the WHL more so then Waltz but Waltz has some good skill but a year playing midget AAA might be better for him

2 other guys to watch for are Tanner Jago and Nolan Speiss

Jago is at Hitmen camp apparently.