Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Jago is at Hitmen camp apparently.
    That is right they dropped him

Default 1st rookie scrimmage

Black v Gold. 1st scrimmage, so pretty scrambly!
    Gold won pulling away. Hawryluk looked good, lots of jump and good finish. Pankewicz was good on defence. For black, McGauley looks like he really has some offensive skill and good vision, Quenneville (is he related to Joel?) looked strong as well. Garett Bruce on defence showed well.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Any roster lineups anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Any roster lineups anywhere?
    Team Black

33. Curtis Honey (94)
    32. Ben Thorlakson (96)

Defence

2. Garret Bruce (95) 3. Scott Wiebe (95)
    4. Riley Van Horne (96) 6. Robert Wishart (96)
    7. Chase Harrison (96)

Forwards

8. John Quenneville (96) 9. Tim McGauley (95) 10. Dan Taillefer (95)
    11. Tyler Coulter (96) 12. Matt Hadley (95) 13. Jason Miller (96)
    14. Jordan Furman (96) 15. Carter Suski (95) 16. Ryley Rozdeba (96)
    17. Liam Gregor (96) 18. Keegan Mawhinney (96) 19. Devin Muir (96)

Team Gold

36. Cody Janzen (96)
    37. Tyler Fuhr (95)

Defence

2. Colton Waltz (95) 3. Kord Pankewicz (96)
    4. Nolan Speiss (95) 5. Kalem Penner (96)

Forwards

6. Taylor Cooper (95) 7. Jayce Hawryluk (96) 8. Hunter Smith (95)
    9. Kailum Gervais (95) 10. Quinton Lisoway (95) 11. Mackenzie Bauer (96)
    12. Brett Kitt (96) 13. Landon Plett (96) 16. Myles Bennett (96)
    14. Chase Faulkner (96) 15. Brandon Pochinco (96)

My thoughts on the first scrimmage.

Taylor Cooper - He could definitely make this team. Has good size, isn't afraid to hit or get in front of the net. And he showed good breakaway speed as he went in all alone a couple of times.

Jayce Hawryluk - Really good on the faceoffs, don't remember him losing many draws. Also showed some nice skill and a good shot.

Quinton Lisoway - Showed some good skill and speed, maybe held on to the puck too much instead of passing.

Mackenzie Bauer - Shows signs of being a good playmaker, really has to overcome his size though as he's easily the smallest guy out there, didn't seem to hold him up too much.

Kord Pankewicz - He could be a beast on defence next year. Very high risk / high reward type of player. With the stockpile of good defenceman we already have, he will likely have to wait a year, otherwise I would say he could make the team. Also he's the versatile type that could play forward as well. Really high on this kid.

Colton Waltz - High risk / high reward just like Pankewicz. Made some good rushes, but also gave the puck up a little too much for my liking. Did show that he can lay the body very well.

Garrett Bruce - Had quite the nice goal.

John Quenneville - Has very good size for his age, looked like the biggest guy out there and wasn't afraid to use his strength.

Tim McGauley - Showed some skill, but didn't impress me that much. Will be in tough to make this team.

Not going to be able to catch tonight's scrimmage, so hopefully someone else can and gives some thoughts on it.

Hawryluk was the best for gold again, 1g and 1a I think Waltz played better, couple nice hits on Nikkel. Pankewicz will play in this league next year as a 16 year old. Chase faulkner was a physical presence, kind of similar to Cody nelson. Turned down 2 invites from nikkel to dance.
    Nikkel was a man amongst boys out there. Thom looks pretty decent for a 96, physical, no nonsense d-man. Papirny looked good in net. Hehn was working hard
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default Wheats rookie camp

Anyone have Team Whites line-up. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Hawryluk was the best for gold again, 1g and 1a I think Waltz played better, couple nice hits on Nikkel. Pankewicz will play in this league next year as a 16 year old. Chase faulkner was a physical presence, kind of similar to Cody nelson. Turned down 2 invites from nikkel to dance.
    Nikkel was a man amongst boys out there. Thom looks pretty decent for a 96, physical, no nonsense d-man. Papirny looked good in net. Hehn was working hard
    Was able to make it to this game and I agree Hawryluk has looked great so far and may be a real steal in the second round. I found it interesting that you said Nikkel looked like a man amongst boys when Waltz hit him a couple times and one of these being a hard hard check. Waltz was really good in this game I thought and anyone I talked to who saw him in the first game said there was a noticeable improvement. Nikkel looks good too, he's never gonna be a real flashy player out there (of course except for the odd huge hit) but he will be an outstanding stay at home d man I believe. After watching Nikkel and Waltz I'm pretty sure Brandon will find a place for both of these dman this year.

By the sounds of it this is shaping to be a tough physical team to play against.