Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I heard that Hawryluk was going to play for SW Cougars this year, not sure how that will happen being as though he's in Parklands catchment area.
    Black beat gold in OT with a Stone goal
    Black scorers were Favreau 2, Sackett, Proft and Stone
    Gold were Ferland 2, Conroy and McGauley.
    Hit of the game was Ferland on Miller, who didn't return after the hit.
    Of the rookies, Asham, Proft, Nikkel and Cooper from black looked good.
    I was only able to stay for about half the game, but those are the players that stood out to me too. I was most impressed with Cooper. I never noticed Palmer at all.

Went again tonight.

Swyripa went into the boards pretty hard and it didn't look too good. Got up slow, went off with the trainer and never came back.

Bertaggia impressed me alot, has lots of speed, skill and a very good shot, should fit nicely in our top two lines.

Mraz was not quite as good as Bertaggia, but not too bad. Top 9 most likely.

Hawryluk looked good again, can't even make the team till next year though.

Waltz and Kuczek didn't jump out at me, but that's probably because I was too fixated on Pulock :P

Fransoo, Ferland, Galbraith all look improved.

Palmer showed some signs of improving.

Only noticed Conroy once or twice, I think Proft is a better player than him.

Hate to throw McGauley under the bus, but he just doesn't have it and looks like another first round bust. Luckily he's still young and I hope he can prove me wrong.

You could tell Ciarelli is really going to be fighting for his spot on this team, which isn't guaranteed at all. Got into it with Melnychuk a couple times, don't think they like each other much.

Default Black vs White game

Went to the game on Sat.---the following players were good.
    Black Team Stone--limped off the ice at the end--hope he is OK
    Fransoo--looks more confident in his play and looks bigger this year.
    Favreau--actually looked good on a line with Seaman and Stone
    Asham--great speed
    Thom--kid impresses me---works hard and is huge--with increased foot speed he could be a good shut down defenceman---this especially after being drafted so low.
    Proft---looks like he can play at this level
    White Team--Nikkel--very steady--can be very physical
    Bertaggia---speed and skill galore
    Ferland---aggressive even though he should take it easy on his team-mates--nice touch around the net.
    Conroy--another 17 year old that can play---makes good plays--uses team-mates well
    Cooper---good skill and size--smart with the puck
    Hawryluk---this kid could play this year if he was eligible--excellent skills and work ethic
    Kitt--good size and skill

The other Euro---Mraz did not play--anyone know why.
    The future of this team is well looked after. It will be fun watching hockey here in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Went to the game on Sat.---the following players were good.
    Black Team Stone--limped off the ice at the end--hope he is OK
    Fransoo--looks more confident in his play and looks bigger this year.
    Favreau--actually looked good on a line with Seaman and Stone
    Asham--great speed
    Thom--kid impresses me---works hard and is huge--with increased foot speed he could be a good shut down defenceman---this especially after being drafted so low.
    Proft---looks like he can play at this level
    White Team--Nikkel--very steady--can be very physical
    Bertaggia---speed and skill galore
    Ferland---aggressive even though he should take it easy on his team-mates--nice touch around the net.
    Conroy--another 17 year old that can play---makes good plays--uses team-mates well
    Cooper---good skill and size--smart with the puck
    Hawryluk---this kid could play this year if he was eligible--excellent skills and work ethic
    Kitt--good size and skill

The other Euro---Mraz did not play--anyone know why.
    The future of this team is well looked after. It will be fun watching hockey here in the next few years.
    Agree with everything you say.

Ferland and Stone really got into it there near the end, would hate to see them injury one another.

Hawryluk would have a really good shot at making this team, if he was old enough.

Asham, Proft and Conroy are 3 guys that I see making it and maybe forming a line (not sure of what positions they play though).

Not sure why Mraz didn't play.

Personally I think they need to get rid of Miller, every one of our young defencemen have surpassed him in my eyes, and Nikkel will too. Galbraith looks like he can step up this year and fight in his place.

Does anyone actually know the cost of the intrasquad game this afternoon?

Iconwhl

Can someone tell me if Tim MaGauley and Arton Nickel will make the team this year?

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Default Wheats

Nikkel is a lock to make this team---a future star. Thanks Toon towners. Mcgauly not so sure about him. 3 17's and at least 3 16's ahead of him in my mind. Not big enough or aggressive enough. Not sure what your scouts saw in him. I could be wrong but we'll never know this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE View Post
    Can someone tell me if Tim MaGauley and Arton Nickel will make the team this year?
    Nikkel will make the team, but they will have to move someone out to have a spot for him.

McGauley I don't think will make it this year, although I thought he did look better in the intrasquad game today, atleast a little improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz9 View Post
    Nikkel will make the team, but they will have to move someone out to have a spot for him.

McGauley I don't think will make it this year, although I thought he did look better in the intrasquad game today, atleast a little improved.
    I would have to agree! This thread preatymuch speaks for me not much to say. Will be a fun year.

Good future goaltending, nice to see Fuhr play well. Some nice skill to select from for forwards who can play this year. The hot topic being D with 7returning. IMHO (16) Nikkel edged (17) Kuczek(15) Thom edged (16) Waltz.... Who knows how many they will carry...Thom not in the mix obviously.

Great Camp! Looking forward to to seeing how things shake out and a great season!

Goaltenders (2)
    Liam Liston (18)
    Corbin Boes (18)

Defencemen (10)
    i-Brodie Melnychuk (20)
    Ryley Miller (19)
    Jordan Fransoo (18)
    Rene Hunter (18)
    Spencer Galbraith (18)
    Eric Roy (17)
    Ryan Pulock (17)
    *Dylan Kuczek (17)
    *Ayrton Nikkel (16)
    *Colton Waltz (16)

Forwards (15)
    Paul Ciarelli (20)
    Mark Stone (19)
    Michael Ferland (19)
    i-Brenden Walker (19)
    Dominic Favreau (19)
    i-Jason Swyripa (18)
    Jens Meilleur (18)
    i-*Bruno Mraz (18)
    *Alessio Bertaggia (18)
    Tyrel Seaman (17)
    *Carter Proft (17)
    *Dakota Conroy (17)
    *Daniel Asham (17)
    *Taylor Cooper (16)
    *Tim McGauley (16)

Looks like Melnychuk broke his wrist and will be out a while. Palmer and Honey both get cut. 15 Forwards I am betting none of them get get. 10 D and with Brodie out that leaves 9 which means 1 of them will get cut.

Start the season with 15 Forwards,9 D and 2 goalies I think and we won't really see a final roster until after the 20 year old deadline.