Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE View Post
    Can someone tell me if Tim MaGauley and Arton Nickel will make the team this year?
    Nikkel makes the team no doubt, he reminds me of Travis Hamonic.
    McGauley will make the team I think. He's made steps every game this camp. The guy has vision, speed and offensive nuance, just what the WK's need this year. If he's willing to work on his size and strength, and work hard, I can see him staying the season, maybe not playing more than 40 games. We have to remember he only just turned 16 in July. Looks like his downside his Favreau, upside is Clarky.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default Wheats

I am somewhat surprised that the team cut as many players as they did. They have 27 left of which 3 are hurt for awhile and 3 more going to NHL camps. That leaves 21--only 1 above the limit of 20 players dressed per game??? What gives here? Is something here I've missed? The numbers don't add up. One or two injuries during the exhibition games would put the Wheats in quite a spot not being able to field a full line-up. Strange!!!

I am thinking we will be hearing some trade rumblings soon for our team. We definitely are going to need to add some scoring depth upfront, and a quality overager or two will be needed. We have lots of room right now for 20 year olds, with Melnychuk going on the IR, leaves us another extra spot to add an overager past the October 10th deadline.

All-Time Favorite.

With the depth overall on the lineup I'm not convinced they are short on scoring. Stone, Ferland, and Walker s/b good for 100-120 goals. I won't be surprised if this group of defencemen put up 40 goals total. That leaves the 17 and 18 yr olds to add about 100. If the euro's work out that doesn't seem improbable. Time for some of them to step up.
    I'm really liking how this team is shaping up. Looks like the kind of team that can win even if the top scorers get shut out.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I am somewhat surprised that the team cut as many players as they did. They have 27 left of which 3 are hurt for awhile and 3 more going to NHL camps. That leaves 21--only 1 above the limit of 20 players dressed per game??? What gives here? Is something here I've missed? The numbers don't add up. One or two injuries during the exhibition games would put the Wheats in quite a spot not being able to field a full line-up. Strange!!!
    Looks like they must be expecting Mraz and Swyripa to be healthy for the weekend, otherwise we'd be short of forwards....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

anyone care to predict lines?

Just wanted to thank the people who posted a bit about dominic thom. Glad he impressed, he is a nice kid who loves the game. I thought he was a nice fit for the Wheaties he seemed like a prototypical dman for that team.

Default Alessio Bertaggia

Just curious how he's looked in camp so far? Last year, when he was the unknown player in Portland camp, they made it sound like he was the second coming of Christ lol.

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bepoleon View Post
    Just curious how he's looked in camp so far? Last year, when he was the unknown player in Portland camp, they made it sound like he was the second coming of Christ lol.
    he can skate lets just see if he get hit the back of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Just wanted to thank the people who posted a bit about dominic thom. Glad he impressed, he is a nice kid who loves the game. I thought he was a nice fit for the Wheaties he seemed like a prototypical dman for that team.
    Looks like a steal. Reminded me of a young Keith Aulie. Did not look out of place in the main camp. Big kid, plays smart.