Thread: Game 1-Hitmen 1 at Ice 5

Default Game 1-Hitmen 1 at Ice 5

The Ice broke a 0-0 tie wide open late in the 2nd with 3 goals in 1:40 and the Hitmen were never able to recover. However, the game was not a 5-1 game. Based on Curle's pbp, the Hitmen carried must of the play but couldn't solve Ice overage netminder Nathan Lieuwen. Lieuwen was the game's first star as he made 29 saves. The lone Hitmen goal was scored by Russian import Alex Gogolev, his first WHL goal.

The Hitmen have released forward John Lawrence. Just too many bodies up front and his age worked against him.

Hitmen don't play again until next weekend in Lethbridge and in 1 week have their home opener.

Scoring Summary:
    1, Kootenay, Reinhart 1 (Antilla, Montgomery), 14:17 (PP).
    2, Kootenay, Rossignol 1 (Montgomery, Hurley), 14:44.
    3, Kootenay, Benoit 2 (Pearce, Neibrandt), 15:57
    4, Calgary, Gogolev 1 (Kirsch, Humphries), 10:46.
    5, Kootenay, Ismond 1 (Montgomery, Leach), 17:47.
    6, Kootenay, Rossignol 2 (Montgomery, Leach), 19:27 (PP).

Of course, no one can really solve Lieuwen, we couldn't in last years playoffs that guy is huge

Default game 1 hitman 1 ice 5

what happen to 10 -0 from preseason it meet nothing ah

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn View Post
    what happen to 10 -0 from preseason it meet nothing ah
    You said anything about the 10-0 game? I don't put much stock into preseason. The Ice area a good team, there is no questioning that but I would argue that if not for Lieuwen the other night, the Hitmen that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1 View Post
    You said anything about the 10-0 game? I don't put much stock into preseason. The Ice area a good team, there is no questioning that but I would argue that if not for Lieuwen the other night, the Hitmen that game.
    Well if not for Lieuwen at the Ice and end and Glover in the Hitmen end. 6 goals is a lot to put up in a win with 30 shots. Nothing like 3 goals in what 30 seconds to make a team have confidence in you. I really hope Driedger is better soon.