Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular Season thread

Default Regular Season thread

Since it has been pretty quiet here so far we will keep everything in one thread.

Finally got to watch the last game. Boys played pretty well I thought. They made some turnovers and it cost them though. Dubnyk also stood on his head and probably saved at least 3 goals if not more.

Bertaggia if he keeps it up will score 40+ goals this year. Stone was awesome again. Not sure if I like Ciarelli on that line they need someone with more skill to be really dominate.

Ferland is just off right now. Hopefully this week off helps him.

Seaman and Meuiller continued there strong play

The Rookies were better this game and hopefully they gain some confidence.

The D as a group was solid but they need to cut down on the bone head plays it cost us at least 2 goals.

Boes was solid and I don't think he could have saved any of the goals

Listening to Clouston on 880 today, sounds like they will be sending some of the kids down shortly. Unless they make some trades, Waltz, McGauley and Kuczek could be a victim of #'s. I'm assuming they plan to keep Miller, Hunter and Galbraith on d, #3 is worth little as an overager, you have to keep the studs Fransoo, Roy and Pulock, so that only leaves room for Nikkel.
    We sure could use a #1 center though hey, Ciarelli just doesn't cut it. ANd can Swyripa produce this year, big questions down the center......
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Taylor Cooper, Colton Waltz and Tim McGauley were all sent packing.

Well Tim Mcgauley wasn't really a shock, when he played for us, he was a pylon, saw really nothing in him.

You guys should also release Bertaggia ha ha, he is not doing that great this year.......

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    Well Tim Mcgauley wasn't really a shock, when he played for us, he was a pylon, saw really nothing in him.
    I think he's going to be ok, I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He just turned 16, and he's starting to grow. Combine that with good vision and decent speed, and we might have a 2nd or 3rd line center next year. Not many kids actually make an impact at 16, unless they're named Schenn!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

McGauley needs a year to grow I think. We will see what he is like next year.

Waltz is going to play Junior A with Bonnyville which is very good IMO. He will be physically ready next year to play here.

Also I heard a really good rumor from a good source

One team in the west who feel they have a real shot at everything this year has put out the feelers for Stone.

With Glennie injured for the whole pre-season and not getting in any games, could there be a chance that he could be returned to junior because of a lack of experience and not enough reps with the Stars prospects?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    McGauley needs a year to grow I think. We will see what he is like next year.

Waltz is going to play Junior A with Bonnyville which is very good IMO. He will be physically ready next year to play here.

Also I heard a really good rumor from a good source

One team in the west who feel they have a real shot at everything this year has put out the feelers for Stone.
    Would he garner a Schenn like return? If so, it would be worth considering. Build a team around our 17's and papirny......

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    With Glennie injured for the whole pre-season and not getting in any games, could there be a chance that he could be returned to junior because of a lack of experience and not enough reps with the Stars prospects?
    He'll just go straight to the AHL, unfortunately