Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wk-RD

Default Wk-RD

Wheats lose another game tonight to the Rebels 5-4. This team really seems to be a funk right now and they are falling like a stone in the standings. Some observations on tonight's game---The WK need shooting practice on how to hit the net--they had numerous good chances go wide tonight--need to bear down and bury some of those opportunities. They are still struggling mightly in their own end---are getting beat to the loose pucks and committing far too many turnovers. Cannot get a key save from the goaltending--example the winning goal tonight should never have gone in. Our second line (Bertaggia, Druirzynski, and Sundher) were invisible tonight. Tough to win with only one line going.After tommorow's game 7 of 8 games are on the road against teams ahead of us in the standings--Tall order--I guess we'll see what the team is made of---by the end of those games we could be out of a playoff spot. Who would have thought so at the end of November??

Considering two of those seven road games are against us, really looking forward to it

This team will miss the playoffs. Reminds me so much of the Mike Kelly season.

Iconwhl

love it how the WKs board was hoppin once they got Sundher but 2 loses & being outscored 7-4 has really made things quiet, im sure most WK fans know there defense & goaltending is junk & offense cant win u crap since its not 1980 anymore where its go out & just outscore the other team who cares about defense.

Default Everyone has a slump

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    love it how the WKs board was hoppin once they got Sundher but 2 loses & being outscored 7-4 has really made things quiet, im sure most WK fans know there defense & goaltending is junk & offense cant win u crap since its not 1980 anymore where its go out & just outscore the other team who cares about defense.
    For everyone else to think it's gonna stay that way all season, well, keep thinking that. Yes we need to buck up in our own end. I've said all along, we need to get meaner beacause nobody is afraid to take the ice against us the way things are. That doesn't mean playing like Cooke and Marchand, it just means putting bodies on guys hard enough and thorough enough to make them think before dancing into our end with dollar signs in their eyes.

We have big physical guys playing small passive hockey. We had some hits last night, but not nearly as consistent enough to beat a fast team like Red Deer. You have to be willing to wear teams down. When they start doing that again, we won't be on a losing skid and we won't be giving up so many shots. And ya, hitting the net with shots wouldn't hurt either.

Q: Whats funnier then watching Melnychuk try and play hockey?
    A: Watchin Melnychuk try and fight!

0 and 2 since adding Sundhar, I'm glad we gave up a first round pick so we could miss the playoffs.

What was with our sixth guy off the bench being Ciarelli? When we pull our goalie, Ciarelli is not the guy you wanna see come off the bench.

Another embarrassing loss... lets hope someone lays out Fransoo tonight! haha

RD out hit and out worked Bdn tonight.
    The team will either come together or crumble on the road trip during Ag days, will be interesting to see what direction it takes.
    We waited for nearly 2 periods to get a PP, and we start it with Favreau on the point, every fan in the building knew that was a mistake. And Ciarelli as the 6th man on the ice, not a good decision.
    A special shout out to Dyrzinski who is likely playing the softest and laziest hockey of his life.
    Combine these issues with some unbelievable misses and we have another L. There's a lot of talent on this team, so I have to believe things are going to get a lot better, soon.
    Interesting to see the WK's have figured out how to get around the much vaunted Dumba, they just skate outside of him and blow by, even Miller did that! Then Stone deked inside of him for the 4th goal. Dumba reminds me a lot of Nikkel, you know they are going to be elite players and likely make the NHL, but they have some bone headed moments just because they are so eager! Inglis was playing his butt off out there, worked very hard. Melnychuk had his best game ever as a WK I thought.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I agree with Melnychuk comment, probably one of the few good games I have saw him play in a few seasons. Also agree with the Dziurzynski comment, what a lazy ass...I've never saw someone put such a lackluster effort in all area's of the game. It's quite embarrassing, I think a lot of it might have to do with CC and saying how he wants him to play...never remembered DD playing like that in Saskatoon. All in all, our top players need to be our best players (except Stone is incredible). Ferland has been invisible since coming back from Team Canada camp, Walker has been alright. Perhaps a line shakeup would benefit everyone.

Stone Sundher Mieuller (Lots of size)
    Dzuirzynski Walker Ferland
    Bertaggia Ciarelli Swyripa
    Mraz Asham Favreau

Just an idea. Pulock and Roy have also been pretty quiet and Anderson is so shaky. Brandon wont miss the playoffs, but sure as likely if we are playing like this....we will be out in the first round. I believe this team is capable of playing against every team in the league and beating them but you sure as hell dont want to run into Edmonton and MJ in the first round and thats how its looking. Tonight I think will be a make or break team. Losing to Victoria would be like hitting rock bottom (if you dont consider getting pounded by Edmonton a few weeks ago rock bottom) and I guess the bright side would be the only way to go is up
    Last edited by dagley; 01-14-2012 at 12:34 PM.

All-Time Favorite.

Default rock bottom is right

if we lose this one it would definitely be rock bottom. this is the battle of the two eighth place teams in the league. we have played the same amount of games to date and we are 15 pts ahead. having recently made a trade with them landing sundher means we have a lot to lose in this game. the royals on the other hand have nothing to lose. hopefully the wheaties come out tougher with something to prove tonight rather than another lack-luster effort on home ice. in addition is there anyone else out there that thinks the players are playing with an extreme lack of motivation? is this something the CC should be able to instill?

Id imagine that Brandon will win tonight. Victoria is really bad.

They would be last if they were in this conference.

I know they just traded their top player, but they werent the 'habscheid' coached team I expected at all.