Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular Season thread

Started out slowly last night and Liston held us in. At times we were playing really solid hockey then we would go periods of time getting controlled. Got to stop with the dumb penalites had about 3 of them last night and we gave up 3 powerplay goals.

Not sold on Swryipa at all right now. He seems out of step with his linemates and he isn't creating anything out there.

Seaman and Meilluer both continue to be strong on the forecheck and both add size and physicallity up front.

Thought the rookie line was better tonight. Asham looked good and they had a few chances tonight to score.

Roy was a beast tonight. His passing was NHL quality. Pulock was very solid. Miller looked slow and disinterested. Not sure if he has an injury or not. Fransoo and Hunter went from ok to bad to good to ok to bad to good. Nikkel was really good. He had a great fight and was moving the puck well. He is going to push someone out of the lineup for sure.

We need a center for the 2nd line right now preferably someone with some size who can win faceoffs. Whether that is a 20 year old or in a trade it would help us solidify us for this year.

Default i thought

We need a center for the 2nd line right now preferably someone with some size who can win faceoffs. Whether that is a 20 year old or in a trade it would help us solidify us for this year.[/QUOTE]

i thought i heard somewhere that walker was gonna play center this year or am i mistaken?

He is in the lineup tonight so I guess we will find out I bet the lines are

Stone Ciarelli Bertaggia
    Ferland Seaman Walker
    Favreau Mraz Meilleur
    Conroy Asham Proft

I could see Swryipa sitting out tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    We need a center for the 2nd line right now preferably someone with some size who can win faceoffs. Whether that is a 20 year old or in a trade it would help us solidify us for this year.
    i thought i heard somewhere that walker was gonna play center this year or am i mistaken?[/QUOTE]

I think we all know we're missing a high end center for the top line. I hope that our 4th line of Conroy, Asham and Proft have a chance to stay together all year and really grow into the dub.
    You can watch Nikkel's fight here, wow, he schooled that other poor kid. Thanks Saskatoon!!
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/105255
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default Hawryluk

Does anyone know where this kid is playing this year?

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Does anyone know where this kid is playing this year?
    He right now will be playing HS in Brandon. Wanted to play with Southwest but couldn't get a release and he doesn't want to play for the AAA Wheat Kings. He has set up a hearing with Hky MB to get his release to play for SW

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    i thought i heard somewhere that walker was gonna play center this year or am i mistaken?
    I think we all know we're missing a high end center for the top line. I hope that our 4th line of Conroy, Asham and Proft have a chance to stay together all year and really grow into the dub.
    You can watch Nikkel's fight here, wow, he schooled that other poor kid. Thanks Saskatoon!!
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/105255[/QUOTE]

Haha Cave, your no hero. Let your boy take a clean hit for christ sakes without you trying to be a champ. If your boy can't take it, get the hell out of the league.

Shootout advice:

1. Hit the net - most importantly
    2. Try and win one this season, they could be important wins
    3. Goaltenders, especially Boes, try having a better success rate better than stopping 9 of 23 shot attempts.

One practice should be dedicated to this

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Table View Post
    He right now will be playing HS in Brandon. Wanted to play with Southwest but couldn't get a release and he doesn't want to play for the AAA Wheat Kings. He has set up a hearing with Hky MB to get his release to play for SW
    Hky MB denied his request. He is trying to get hockey canada to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo24 View Post
    Hky MB denied his request. He is trying to get hockey canada to step in.
    He played for Parkland last night
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.