Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular Season thread

Default SO loss to swifty

Very poor first 30 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen Pulock have a worse game, he led the charge of d-men and forwards making poor decisions when attempting to exit the zone. Stone also had an off night. 3 posts/crossbars didn't help us either! Swifty #7 was lucky to stay in the game after his crosscheck to bertaggia's head/neck, i thought that was the sort of hit Shanahan wants out of hockey? Blanke manned up and didn't turtle this time against Ferland, but still lost. Lowry was a beast. Swifty actually competed, unlike the last 2 seasons where they floated around like scared little deer. Our shootout sucked again, shooters all missed the net. A decent team like the Blades might blow us out tonight. Our best players by far were Ferland and Swyripa up front, Roy on defence.
    Not sure why this team isn't working at 100% for the whole game, usually lower skill teams understand that they have to work harder to make up for the lower skill level. Oh well, we got a point at least!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Yeah last night wasn't great but it sounds like the boys are fired up to redeem themselves from last game and also to play the Blades, they had some great games last year and I don't think tonight will be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Yeah last night wasn't great but it sounds like the boys are fired up to redeem themselves from last game and also to play the Blades, they had some great games last year and I don't think tonight will be any different.
    Your man Boes looks like he is our #1 goalie now
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I can tell you exactly why. He wanted to forget about all the other distractions like the draft, stats, things you can't control, etc. and just go out there and have fun. That's exactly what he's doing, he's just out there having fun, the way it should be for a lot of these players.

They laid a beating on the Blades tonight. The Blades either were really bad or the Wheaties were that good probably a combo of both

Walker back gives us a couple of good scoring lines now. Once those 17 year old rookies get up to snuff we should go on a good roll

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    They laid a beating on the Blades tonight. The Blades either were really bad or the Wheaties were that good probably a combo of both

Walker back gives us a couple of good scoring lines now. Once those 17 year old rookies get up to snuff we should go on a good roll
    I think your right a little bit of both, also Blades had a heck of a battle with the Rebles at home last night riding a emotional high then left for Brandon, for a 7 hour Bus ride never shook there bus legs and got lit up on there PK, i'm pretty sure you will most likely see a better Blades team next time the Wheaties come to town here, you guys have a good team this year alot of speed

Was really impressed with Roy and Pulock during the final minute of the game. There was a goon running around trying to start a fight with both of them (can't remember his number), and they just laughed it off and kept playing until he took a penalty and was kicked out. Too often players give in to things like that during the end of a blowout game and end up regreting getting into a fight. So I'm pleased that they didn't make that decision.

As for the 3 fights tonight i thought they were all good i was proud how the Blades young Fafard hung in there with vet Ryley Miller maybe even won by a slight edge, Galbraith i would say wins by a slight decision over Sutter and other other tilt young stovin takes on Galbraith decision to Stovin

No one on the blades wanted a piece of Ferland last night though. Too bad Dzuirzinski isn't coming back love to see a rematch there

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    No one on the blades wanted a piece of Ferland last night though. Too bad Dzuirzinski isn't coming back love to see a rematch there
    Dziurzynski vs Ferland would be great don't count it out just yet Dziurzynski hasn't signed yet and Portland Pirates have 27 Forwards and 13 will have to be cut so you never know