Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trades/Releases/Sign ups

Well Royal Swoosh, where's the proof that the Royals have Won more Games so far this year than the SKs did in 2 --- Come on Big Boy -- Show us!!

And Fatshad, just because I didn't go Friday nite doesn't mean that I never, or seldom attend. I will be there Tuesday nite to see my Old Edmontonchuk Oil Kings. I've probably attended more local Junior Games since I moved here in 1969, than you'll ever see in your entire life.

Yup, and probably backed up more miles than you've driven ahead too!!

And Pontcanna, Cdnsailor has done more than anybody I know in getting facts, figures, articles, & videos out to the Fans, I THINK THAT YOU OWE HIM AN APOLOGY.

Hey, and regardless of what you think, I would make a FANTASTIC Mod, thank you.

My posting have nothing to do with what the attendance or score might be, as I post ONLY when I have time, after I walk the Dog, rake the leaves, play Bingo, play cards, take my Geritol, and my little blue Pill.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by 50sWHLer View Post
    Well Royal Swoosh, where's the proof that the Royals have Won more Games so far this year than the SKs did in 2 --- Come on Big Boy -- Show us!!

And Fatshad, just because I didn't go Friday nite doesn't mean that I never, or seldom attend. I will be there Tuesday nite to see my Old Edmontonchuk Oil Kings. I've probably attended more local Junior Games since I moved here in 1969, than you'll ever see in your entire life.

Yup, and probably backed up more miles than you've driven ahead too!!

And Pontcanna, Cdnsailor has done more than anybody I know in getting facts, figures, articles, & videos out to the Fans, I THINK THAT YOU OWE HIM AN APOLOGY.

Hey, and regardless of what you think, I would make a FANTASTIC Mod, thank you.

My posting have nothing to do with what the attendance or score might be, as I post ONLY when I have time, after I walk the Dog, rake the leaves, play Bingo, play cards, take my Geritol, and my little blue Pill.
    Sounds like you have done it all !! You just sound so much like a grumpy old man !!

I said:

-Cdnsailor has expensive season tickets (hence supporting the Royals financially and actually being there for most all the games, therefore entitled to comment).

-Cdnsailor posts good quality video of goals, fights etc. within an hour or two of game completion (his own video at home, streamed video from the WHL for road games - the latter he must also pay for).

-Cdnsailor is actually fairly moderate in his opinions/views, which is no bad thing for a moderator.

I'll also observe that Cdnsailor had lots of opinions about the departure of the SK's and arrival of the Royals, but unlike some, he recognises that (Wobneb-mode on) LIFE GOES ON AND IT IS POINTLESS TO MAKE TWISTED, BITTER AND TROLL-LIKE POSTINGS ON BULLETIN BOARDS THAT ARE MEANT FOR DISCUSSION OF THE NEW TEAM.

So I'm not sure what kind of apology you think I should offer.

Game time!

I’m NOT a “Grumpy Old Man,” thank you, but possibly just a lovable ‘lovable grouch’

I may appear crusty, cranky, & crabby, as I just take critical looks at hockey here in Victoria, with the over-riding sentiment that things just aren’t as good as they used to be.

Underneath the gruff exterior, is a prickly interior ... and deeper down is a sweet and gentle man, a true hockey fan, a patriot with a love of all hockey Canadian, like good Canadian Beer , and a definite and delicious hatred for prejudice and hypocrisy.

Do I have any opinions that might irritate some people? You Darn Right I do !
    As Forums are really formats for ‘Opinions’, they are not always meant to be supportive.

Personal attacks like, - “Wobneb mode on, Life goes on, and Its pointless to make twisted, bitter, and Troll-like postings on Bulletin Boards that are meant for discussion of the new Team”, are shallow, irrelevant, senseless, and should be viewed as such.

That being said, I go apologize Pontanna. My comments regarding our new Mod was to be directed to ‘coach’, not you. Sorry, my bifocals were filthy.

Yes, the current WHL Royals hockey is entertaining, just as I enjoyed the WHL Cougars , the Salsa , Grizzlies, and yes, the Junior B Cougars, and Peninsula Panthers etc. Etc. And, yes, It’s great to see the fantastic attendance, especially the over 7000 on Saturday nite, albeit as quiet as they were

The Kids are working their Butts off to give the Fans their entertainment dollars worth, and are doing all they can do, within their power, to make WHL hockey successful here in Victoria.

See you at the SOFMC !!! Game On !!!

just a few more mg's and the dosage should be right...

Thanks Royal Swoosh !!!!

I take it that you just forgot to , , or

Or should I just consider the source??

OK Boys enough throwing sand out of the sandbox and Everyone has great comments, ideas and thoughts. But this is supposed to be for the Royals: Trades, Releases etc.

Let's get ready for the Oil Kings on Tuesday and kick some Oilers butt

Geez Cdnsailor, that Guy flogging that Dead Horse looks just like ME!! - Go Figure eh !!

Hey Boys. I'll be there AGAIN on Tuesday Nite ---

GO OIL KINGS GO !! ------- Errrrrrr --- I Mean " GO ROYALS GO " !!!

(Bite my tongue)

Thanks old man

Hey Boys. I'll be there AGAIN on Tuesday Nite ---
    -Heaven help us if there aren't 7,006 bums in seats, even on a Tuesday. The beginning of a slide in attendance?

-If Royals put on a clinic and beat the Oil Kings 10-1, that will be evidence of a weak kid league, poor defensive standards, etc.

-If we get shelled and lose 10-1, the wheels are coming off, no scorelines like that in the E, weak kid league, poor defensive standards, etc (see above). Unhappy fans want the return of professional hockey to Victoria.

-If there is a thrilling win/loss after a regulation time draw, well, Marty is a mercenary and I don't like the look of him in that ripped off Royal Bank outfit anyway

I'm starting to realise that I'd miss the old boy if he left this board. I take back the "troll" comment