Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Decision Day

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Awesome View Post
    Is it just me, or did this franchise just get a gigantic boost today!?
    Nope it aint just you lol

Congrats on getting the Memorial cup

How good do you guys think you will be for next season?

Your 20s will be Cox and Collins who will be very good 20s. But if Nicholls comes back that would be amazing.

Your team is stacked with alot of very good 93s and 94s so it will be a veteran group with real good chemistry. I

Hopefully you can make an impact trade for a guy like McNeil that would really help

Default Congrats

Congrats to the Saskatoon Blades and their fans on hosting the 2013 Mem Cup. Looking forward to getting the chance to come up and see the best juniors in the country battling for the Cup!

http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/inde...5664&task=view

to me the interesting part of the story from les lazaruk is...

"my feeling is the majority victory on the first ballot of voting by W-H-L Governors for the Blades' bid was because their "guaranteed" profit was substantially larger than the "projected" profits from either Red Deer or Kelowna. Credit Union Centre and its 15,000 seats were a huge part of that...meaning, once again, that size does matter!"

i read this to mean, the saskatoon bid 'guaranteed' money was a lot higher then the 'maybe/projected' money from red deer and kelowna.

i also see it was won on the first ballot. hard to argue against a bid supported in person by the province, city, and corporations with everything going for it.

excited to welcome junior hockey fans from across canada!