Thread: What the hell happened last night?

Default What the hell happened last night?

That game was a joke. Not in the sense that the Ice played bad which really they didn't Edmonton got lucky bounces. Any hockey fan that seen that game would of thought it would of been a 0-0 tie joke. Skapski played fine in net I feel bad for the kid as he made great saves. That game is for sure the weirdest game I have ever seen in my life.

You might want to hop over to whl.ca and watch the highlights, as they would indicate a lot of sloppy and lazy play, at least on the goals they gave up...

Edm Goal #1 Wruck fakes the shot, walks around the Kootenay defender, rips a shot on goal, Skapski has no idea where the puck is, and Rossignol lazily stands there while his defensive assignment St. Croix goes to the net and taps the easy goal into the wide open net.

Edm Goal #2 Rossignol and Montgomery give Wruck way too much room on the boards, and he passes it through his own legs to Lazar, who walks away from Wand like he isn't even there, and snaps it past Skapski.

Edm Goal #3 Foster beats Descheneau to the puck, then Descheneau floats around in the slot while Gernat blasts it on goal, and Legault puts in the easy rebound while neither of the two Kootenay defenders make any attempt to tie up his stick.

Edm Goal #4 Dirk coughs the puck up behind the net right to Wruck, who puts it out in front to Lazar, where Skapski has no chance of stopping it.

Edm Goal #5 Pelss, just outhustles both Neibrandt and Leach, goes in alone and scores.

Edm Goal #6 Peddle beats Martin to the puck, gets it back to Pysyk, who shoots and the puck is deflected by Rachinski in front, no chance again for Skapski.

Not really any lucky bounces on the goals, as they were all results of sloppy work on the boards, veteran players taking advantage of rookies, or just getting out hustled.