Thread: regina

1. Default regina

The boys looked good last night. Great never say die attitude. However Mr. Anderson has to find a way to block the hole as everyone in the league is gunning for it especially on the shoot out. Maybe Ketlo or Kovacs in the net tonight...Go Canes Go!!!
    GO CANES GO

Quote Originally Posted by NumberOneCaniac View Post
    The boys looked good last night. Great never say die attitude. However Mr. Anderson has to find a way to block the hole as everyone in the league is gunning for it especially on the shoot out. Maybe Ketlo or Kovacs in the net tonight...Go Canes Go!!!
    Well I agree. IMO the Canes played a very good road game. A few too many penalties creeped into the factor last night. There are always going to be some calls that are disputed, but the team has to find a way to make it a positive motivating factor to build off those bad calls, rather than let them take you down. I thought they kept the fight alive and Brody's PS goal was a key factor.

Anderson kept the team in the game in the early stages when there were some key shots on goal. He stood tall on many shots, but for his calibre of goalie, THAT is an expectation. Now he has to learn to deliver through the whole game. The shootout should have been the ours also.

Good to see that Freddie's formula to a win was kept in mind. Team came out solid in the start of the game and the D'men have to start putting up points. As Pat said, check mark to both those items.

Zero points the first game, one point the second game, can we get the full 2 points in the 3rd game??

Go Canes Go!

Lethbridge kept fightin back lastnight. You guys just wouldn't go away. I for sure thought the way things were going that you guys were gonna pull it off in the shoot-out.

I was very impressed with Maxwell, deked out our D then backhand roofed it behind our goalie. HL reel. The kid has some moves.

BTW, what happened to Balog? Suspension? Left the team? Y?

Default Regina Game

No idea about Balog, thought he was sent to Junior A but Caldwell's blog mentioned something about suspension so no idea. Mitch Guiel another prospect who played in exhibition is on Seattle's roster and no metion from the Lethbridge organization how that happened???
    I think Kovacs has to get the nod in net in Swift tonight...if not I am not sure when he will ever play...hopefully 2 points tonight!

Iconwhl

Last nite the reffing was terrible both ways, both refs especially Howe should face some kind of discipline for that performance. Also alot of u cane fans may not agree but there was no way that Penalty Shot should of been called, the replay even showed that Jobke got all puck before he fell down, that is NOT a penalty shot award.

Great move by Sutter tho on the PS & in the SO for a big kid he has some moves forsure. I was very impressed with how well the canes skate, Anderson is very over-rated, altho he did make some good saves i just dont see what others think so highly in him for.

I really liked that Ramsay kid, he plays that agitator type guy (in ur face all game long, & is never willing to drop the mits) & about that Balog kid, what a waste he is sure glad the Pats traded him to u guys for Ashton i never thought Balog was anything special anyways.

You know I am happy with a lot of the changes in the last couple of years, but I have to say the communication from the team this year stinks. Since the camp a bunch of guys have been released or sent home and not a word has been said and everyone is left wondering if they are here, are hurt or whatever else. So yeah, Lethbridge, we want you to come out and support the team and get involved but we aren't going to tell you who's on the team. I was hoping to get to watch balog this year so I was surpised at his disappearance only to hear through the grapevine he's back home and maybe even on another team by now. And I was surprised he was gone before Harrison cause I had him ranked higher in my head but apparently he's gone now too so whatever. And what about Henry, is he gone too? Haven't heard his name in a while. I see Guile was picked up pretty quick too, don't remember if I heard he was even gone before he was already playing in the states. Can't even follow the roster because it's still got Balog so who knows what else is wrong on it.

Get it together guys so the fans can be fans already. Ok rant is over.

Listened to the game on the radio, sounded like they played better than the last home game so thats good. Rykman sounded like he had a better game too, which is good because he hasn't been the shut down guy a number of people on this site seem to think he is. Prime example in black and white is the plays of the week where the only thing shut down were his legs.

Hoping for a good game tonight and the team can work the bugs out. 2 points would be great so lets earn them!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligans View Post
    You know I am happy with a lot of the changes in the last couple of years, but I have to say the communication from the team this year stinks. Since the camp a bunch of guys have been released or sent home and not a word has been said and everyone is left wondering if they are here, are hurt or whatever else. So yeah, Lethbridge, we want you to come out and support the team and get involved but we aren't going to tell you who's on the team. I was hoping to get to watch balog this year so I was surpised at his disappearance only to hear through the grapevine he's back home and maybe even on another team by now. And I was surprised he was gone before Harrison cause I had him ranked higher in my head but apparently he's gone now too so whatever. And what about Henry, is he gone too? Haven't heard his name in a while. I see Guile was picked up pretty quick too, don't remember if I heard he was even gone before he was already playing in the states. Can't even follow the roster because it's still got Balog so who knows what else is wrong on it.

Get it together guys so the fans can be fans already. Ok rant is over.

Listened to the game on the radio, sounded like they played better than the last home game so thats good. Rykman sounded like he had a better game too, which is good because he hasn't been the shut down guy a number of people on this site seem to think he is. Prime example in black and white is the plays of the week where the only thing shut down were his legs.

Hoping for a good game tonight and the team can work the bugs out. 2 points would be great so lets earn them!

The team doesn't owe any announcement to any fan. It is no different in any other team. If they released players they never make a formal announcement to allow the player some dignity as to why he was released. This is not unique to Leth , but falls into the same category as all teams.

Listening to the game and watching the game and watching the game are different. The play by plays are not always as accurate as to what is transpiring on the ice. This constant beefing on certain players is ridiculous. There have been some very bad penalties taken by forwards and defence. The media has played up so much some of the rookies, it is hard for them to live up to all the hype they get. I am getting very frustrated with the singling out of players for their average play and making them sound like heros and the calling out certain players for mistakes made.

Watching the game and listening to the same play by play calls, are drastically different. You would think sometimes that a play was broken down when in fact the play was made. Occasionally the wrong names have been called, and often times they are also just giving their opinions of certain plays or calls.

I thought Ryckman played well last night as well as in Moose Jaw. If you watched the game, Jackson and Johnson had worse flaws in plays and cost a few goals. Maxwell had a penalty in each game at prime times when we could have maybe turned things around. Sutter plays each game with tons of heart and the mindset to change the game around. Some of the youngsters in the lineup have not always been as top notch as we are being led to believe by listening to the game. Watching a game makes a huge difference. Watching a game online also takes so much away from the game, because you don't get the full view of what is happening on the ice.

End of comments, I'm moving onto to Speedy Creek tonight and hoping we can get 2 points.

The Hurricanes filling their paying customers in on a need to know basis? That's new!
    Gilligans, shut up and pay your money. That's your role.
    Been this way for years.
    Management's role is to then wonder when they get rejected on their Mem Cup bid for poor attendance.
    Cheers, it's all part of the pain of trying to be a Canes fan.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Haha, thought I might scratch someone with that post. Just got back on the grid and don't want to get into a debate but had a few comments.

About the communication, some players are mentioned while others are not. That created an expectation for me, sorry I haven't followed juniors long, and it's more common in the NHL during camp than here. Meant no disrespect to the players and don't want to impose on anyone's diginity. If it isn't the norm, I am man enough to say I am wrong.

I am well aware of the differences in watching the games vs hearing them. Was only trying to make a positive comment based on the interpretation I heard. Hey, I am not all bad!

No guy is flawless. Agreed. Singling out one guy for errors is just as frustrating to some as imbellishing mediocre play is for others. Everyone is entitled to their own opion, which makes this site so great. It's interesting to see where your opinions differ so you can reflect and be more informed. Doesn't always change your opinion but makes you gut check on what you might be missing.

Bocephus, haha thanks for feeling my pain, you made me chuckle.

cheers, and onto tonight!