Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Step by step

Well credit to Saskatoon who won one of those ugly road wins. Kootenay can't feel too bad though as they carried the play for good stretches of the game. Going to miss the Ice as they head out on a one month road trip as they go coast to coast. Starting Saturday in Victoria and a few weeks from now heading over to Prince Albert and other eastern teams. Keep up the great play Ice you are headed in the right direction.

It would have been so cool to have been at the Vancouver Giants game. The Ice have 9 players from the lower mainland and I am told they had 800 Ice fans at the game. (600 minor hockey players from Maderia Park cheering on Joe Antilla). Every so often have an away game that feels like a home game must be a boost. Fingers crossed for tomorrow nights as I predict if there is going to be any letdown it will be against the Cougers.

Nice job with your updates! I know there is little posted on our site but the posts are read.
    Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Nice job with your updates! I know there is little posted on our site but the posts are read.
    Thank you for the encouragement Chipper, it is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ELL View Post
    It would have been so cool to have been at the Vancouver Giants game. The Ice have 9 players from the lower mainland and I am told they had 800 Ice fans at the game. (600 minor hockey players from Maderia Park cheering on Joe Antilla). Every so often have an away game that feels like a home game must be a boost. Fingers crossed for tomorrow nights as I predict if there is going to be any letdown it will be against the Cougers.
    There was definitely a large Ice contingent at that game, Lieuwen was excellent and the game itself was a decent tilt and evenly played until the third. Shame we only see the Ice once this season (actually I think we only PLAY them once this season) and yet we play Edmonton thee times? -- gimme the BC team three times and Edmonton once thank you.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Just read about 40 goal man Maxwell going to Edmonton. It is still early in the season how is it the asking price is so low? I would have thought there would be many more teams wanting an upgrade. Is the fact that he walked out on his team a major character flaw? I would not have traded him with anyone on our team but am disappointed that he ended up in the central.

I think Reinhart has an excellent chance at making the team. Hard two way player and very positive for the dressing room. Will make quite a hole in the Ice team as we lose so many to the 17 and under tournament. In the long run however the experience will help the team. Will the Ice bring up either Luk Philip or Jesse Wood-Schatz to fill out the roster?

Big matchup against the Blades tonight. When it comes to regular season action the Blades seem to have the edge against us especially in their own barn. The Ice have the opportunity to put themselves in their own record books for consective road wins tonight. That along with the pure pleasure of beating the Blades should be good motivation. Mckinley sits on a suspension tonight. Good luck Ice.

I too hope we can win, we won last time, because of Marakov, hopefully we don't play like we did this weekend or this will be an easy game for you...... If we win, you will be in first again unless Tri-Cities beats Kelowna

Jeff Bromley has a great blog on the Kootenay Ice. He asked the question on whether the Ice make a trade before the deadline. These were my thoughts:

I found myself asking the question about a pre deadline trade. But for the life of me I just don't know who you would trade away. There are no glaring holes with a team that has great chemistry. The super six sixteen year olds is to big of a price for half of a season. Draft picks are your future and we have already traded the excess. And finally with such a balanced team would one player make such a difference?

I think a lot of people feel we have a good team this year with a great goalie. However we are not one of the favourites to repeat. Let this young team get their feet wet and battle as far as they can.