Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Dziurzynski Traded to Brandon

Is this year a write off now?

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    Is this year a write off now?

No, but it made an already tough Brandon team harder to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Well it's pretty clear that he will use these picks to turn them into players later this year. Like someone else said here, I bet he keeps one of those picks and trades the other two for 17-19 year old players.

I could still see them packaging those picks and Trask later in the year to try and get a couple of 17-18 year olds through either one big trade or a couple trades.
    I wonder if Adam Lowry could become available if Swift Current's record doesn't improve?

Lowry would be a trade deadline deal I am thinking next year and he could have a Stone like season this year and next

I wonder if Lorne and KM have cooked up a deal for next year for Brendan Walker? He has Mem cup experience and will probably be one of the top 20s in the league next year.

Memorial cup bound teams don't generally acquire picks and use them.

Think about it... trading away assets now for picks when you're hosting the Memorial cup isn't smart. Molleken knows that and I would imagine that he's going to try and package some of these picks up with players to build a team for next season.

Go for broke next year and rebuild after, I suppose!