Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Cup Roster

Default Memorial Cup Roster

Alright so I am just going to make a List here starting today of players that will be back forsure, also players that have a chance of coming back. I will also make a list of assets that we can trade to get players for next year.

Players Coming Back
    Age is what it will be at start of season.

Nicholls(20) -chance
    Olsen(18)
    Stransky(19)
    Benson(19)
    Collins(20)
    Elliott(18)
    Stovin(18)
    Sutter(18)
    Zajac(17)
    McEvoy(18)
    Haas(18)

Siemens(19) - chance
    Cox(20)
    Dietz(19)
    Thrower(18)
    Hodder(19)
    Stipancik(18)
    Schmidt(19)
    Fafard(18)

Makorov(19)
    Todd(18)

Assets

Jake Trask
    Picks
    Last edited by saskatoonman; 10-17-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Iconwhl Trade Nicholls...

Unless Molleken can somehow talk to Leafs brass about Nicholls staying another year... It would be smart for Lorne to trade Nicholls and get a great return. Since Portland has a competitive team, trade Nicholls and a 2nd to Portland for Rattie. Nicholls if he makes the WJ's would garner a HUGE return in a trade.

Scorer - Benson - Stransky
    Collins - Sutter - new 20 yr old
    Stovin - Olsen - Zajac
    Elliott - McEvoy - Haas
    Stockl - Morrison

Siemens - Thrower(could be the leagues top pair)
    Dietz - Hodder
    Cox - Schmidt/Stipancik

Makarov
    Todd
    BLEED BLUE

Don't know why everyone is so hung up on Nicholls not returning next year.

He's not good enough for the pro game, not even next season. He'll be back no doubt about it.

Thrower is one of our most steady players, game in and out he plays solid. H e deserves top pair minutes. I think for the rest of this season there are players who will play their way on to or off of out 2013 team. Our defense will be our strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Don't know why everyone is so hung up on Nicholls not returning next year.

He's not good enough for the pro game, not even next season. He'll be back no doubt about it.

Agreed. No chance at making WJ's either. Like I said in another thread, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong! Put Benson's heart and work ethic in Nicole's body, and you'd have a 100 point a year guy, no matter who his line mates are.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    Thrower is one of our most steady players, game in and out he plays solid. H e deserves top pair minutes. I think for the rest of this season there are players who will play their way on to or off of out 2013 team. Our defense will be our strong point.
    Hahaha Throwers awesome. Doesn't hurt that he's a touch on the crazy side! lol.

Will the real Josh Nicholls please stand up! Wow 6 points tonight! Would love to see him play with that same effort game in and game out. If he did, he'd be a lock for WJ's! Come on Nicholls keep proving me wrong!

Iconwhl You seem suprised

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    Will the real Josh Nicholls please stand up! Wow 6 points tonight! Would love to see him play with that same effort game in and game out. If he did, he'd be a lock for WJ's! Come on Nicholls keep proving me wrong!
    Josh Nicholls as i said is a great player who will be pro next season. But apparently the "lazy" player somehow manages to get 4 goals in a game. He had a slow start SO WHAT??? Crosby, Gretzky, EVERY single player has had a slow start before. People on here panic if Nicholls has 1 bad game. Calm down and just watch him play. Nicholls had 80+ points last year.
    BLEED BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball View Post
    Josh Nicholls as i said is a great player who will be pro next season. But apparently the "lazy" player somehow manages to get 4 goals in a game. He had a slow start SO WHAT??? Crosby, Gretzky, EVERY single player has had a slow start before. People on here panic if Nicholls has 1 bad game. Calm down and just watch him play. Nicholls had 80+ points last year.
    Everybody knows that Nicholls plays when he wants. Last night was one of those games he wanted to play and it showed.

Sure, last season he had 80 points, but also you have to look at who he was playing with. He was easily the third string guy on his line.

If he can break 80 points this season, then I will definitely start giving him more credit then I think he's due right now.

He won't be a pro next year, especially not with the fact that the team now has the mem cup. Pro teams will obviously let that play into their decisions when making calls on guys like Siemens and Nicholls.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocator View Post
    I guess 6 or 7 points is what happens when there is a Toronto scout in the building. I hope that guys comes to more games.

Maybe we can ask the Toronto scout to come to the next 60 games.