Thread: Lorne and Subway Super Series

Default Lorne and Subway Super Series

So Lorne is headed to the subway super series. Great job looks good on lorne.

Good on Lorne. I don’t feel he gets enough credit. I went back on some stats of the Saskatoon Blades. Go back 20 years when Molleken took over as Head coach. In the last 20 years he has been at the helm for 11 years where his record is 455-274-23(ties)-20(OTL)-20(SOL). The other 9 years the Blades record is 215-364-56-13(OTL). Those numbers are pretty respectable. I think Lorne is a great coach and hockey mind, I sure hope he gets rewarded with a mem cup victory

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    Good on Lorne. I don’t feel he gets enough credit. I went back on some stats of the Saskatoon Blades. Go back 20 years when Molleken took over as Head coach. In the last 20 years he has been at the helm for 11 years where his record is 455-274-23(ties)-20(OTL)-20(SOL). The other 9 years the Blades record is 215-364-56-13(OTL). Those numbers are pretty respectable. I think Lorne is a great coach and hockey mind, I sure hope he gets rewarded with a mem cup victory
    But yet his playoff coaching record is around the 500% go figure he just can't seem to find that extra gear come playoff time

i wont hold last year against lorne, there were "other" issues, some he did nt even know about. Last year was simple, and upset in chemistry that blew up when it counted. No one can tell me other wise. it hard to coach around attitude at that time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    i wont hold last year against lorne, there were "other" issues, some he did nt even know about. Last year was simple, and upset in chemistry that blew up when it counted. No one can tell me other wise. it hard to coach around attitude at that time of year.
    Oh i would much rather have Lorne than the previous Blade coaches i can remember following, such as Don Clark that guy was horrible i remember some fans in the stands calling him Humpty Dumpty, then there was Brad McCrimmon he was ok didn't really stick around that long though, then we had Kevin Dickie he was always more suited for the University style game then Jaime Reeve took over in that 7 win season after dickie got fired and well you know how that went

Lorne took over in 04/05 and turned this franchise around, win some you lose some come playoff time only 1 team can win it all i just hope 1 season we can make it to the Eastern Final atleast, it's been since 93 or 94 i believe so

6. Default

Makarov is playong too along with Siemens and Nicholls!