Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes

Default Hurricanes

So when does Preston fire himself ? I would think that it must be very soon . Although the team did look a little better on the weekend . You have to feel for those kids. From what I can see , they are getting no help from the coaching staff.

One other thing ...are the canes in such poor financial shape that they can not afford a small white board ? They call a time out and have to draw up a play on a scrap piece of paper !!!!

It is not just the players that are going through this difficult time. You don’t think the coaches feel bad? They are right along with the players during this frustrating streak!

If you watch the bench at the end of the game you will see the trainers pick up a “small whiteboard”. Also, if you look more closely you would see that the “scrap piece of paper” is actually a pre-printed form with a diagram of a rink on it.

Lost amongst the Canes debacle is the race at the top of the Central. 4 teams at .700ish
    That should be a positive for selling off assets.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

IMO, Preston needs to step down as coach. He seems to be doing a pretty good job on the GM side of things (or at least him and Robson), but as far as coaching goes, he needs to step down. Some people are saying the team can't afford to hire a new coach, well can they afford not too? Every game there seems to be less fans there. NOT GOOD PEOPLE!!! Come on Preston, hire someone that can coach these kids. And please don't start trading everyone off!!! We have some real talent on this team, lets not waste it!

Some more positives. Cane alumni, Carter Ashton has a nice start to his season going.
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=100351
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Default Changes are coming

how can they not be? Heard there has been an "observer/consultant" attending the last few practices, and it's only a matter of time.

Default heard tonight at the game...........

Quote Originally Posted by localguy View Post
    how can they not be? Heard there has been an "observer/consultant" attending the last few practices, and it's only a matter of time.
    that a bunch of players went to prestons office and said we want to be traded, IF its true that a sad state of affairs.........great job tonight boys and try to keep it going.........ps......... nice touch by the players to salute the crowd at the end of the game...............
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Trading?

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    that a bunch of players went to prestons office and said we want to be traded, IF its true that a sad state of affairs.........great job tonight boys and try to keep it going.........ps......... nice touch by the players to salute the crowd at the end of the game...............
    Asking and getting are 2 different things. I am assuming the talk you heard would have been the vets on the team, as I'm pretty sure the rookies would not venture that direction just yet. And IMO if Preston was going to trade any of them, he would have had a chance to make some big deal when he was dealing Anderson. I do think that around trade deadline, you could look at a trade involving Sutter and/or Braes. I feel that since Braes has been here since 16, he will feel a certain amount of duty to stay and finish out his 20 year old season here.

Preston has to keep something to give some kind of stability, guidance and strength to the more rookie players, however little some of that might be.

Also Michael Dyck has been seen around the rink the last few weeks. Is it possible that the Board has asked him to step in and give assistance? Are they able to do that without consent from Preston? All interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by 2speak4all View Post

Also Michael Dyck has been seen around the rink the last few weeks. Is it possible that the Board has asked him to step in and give assistance? Are they able to do that without consent from Preston? All interesting times ahead.
    Is not Michael Dyck a scout for the Vancouver Giants? I am sure a remember hearing it a couple years ago. Several scouts were seen at the rink last night, I am sure all teams are looking to pick pieces from both teams that were playing last night. The Tips are not off to a stellar year as well.

According to the Giants Website he isnt listed as a Scout? (http://www.vancouvergiants.com/team_coaches)

And I cant find anywhere on the Internet that he has an affiliation with anything Hockey Related right now.. Maybe we are going to go to the well for a 3rd time with Dyck.. Who Knows...