Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by lethbridgefan83 View Post
    According to the Giants Website he isnt listed as a Scout? (http://www.vancouvergiants.com/team_coaches)

And I cant find anywhere on the Internet that he has an affiliation with anything Hockey Related right now.. Maybe we are going to go to the well for a 3rd time with Dyck.. Who Knows...
    Maybe he is no longer with them or their website is kept up to date like ours.

Here is the link to the announcement in Dec 2009

http://media.whl.ca/vancouver-giants...-scout-p139386

He is listed as the head instructior of The Edge 3v3 Hockey School.

http://www.edge3v3hockey.com/league....ueInfoID=54116

I wouldn't expect to see Michael Dyck behind the bench any time soon.

Or ever.
    Last edited by CanesCrazy; 11-03-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typing error

Default Mike Dyck

He is still something with the Giants, not sure of his title though, or if it is even much of paid position. And he is the owner of Edge 3 on 3. I really could not see him wanting to give give up his current job and return to the Canes, it wouldhave to be for a long term with good money. Otherwise he's been there and dine that.

A burn thru the Edge website lists Mike Dyck as Director of Player Development - Vancouver Giants.

And yet the Vancouver Giants website lists Todd Ripplinger as their Director of Player Development.

Someone is not up-to-date on their information.

Quote Originally Posted by localguy View Post
    how can they not be? Heard there has been an "observer/consultant" attending the last few practices, and it's only a matter of time.
    That would be good news if it's a possible new coach... Has anyone here been to a recent practise to see who this person is?? I would attend if my schedule allowed to visit the Enmax during the daytime.

In response to one of the names... whatever Michael Dyck's job (or jobs) currently is... it doesn't matter where he is working since no job would prevent him from leaving if a coaching position was offered to him. The only exception is if he was under contract with a team at a higher level (NHL, AHL, etc) but I don't believe he is.

Note that Hockey Canada chose him AGAIN to coach the U17 BC/AB team over the Xmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    In response to one of the names... whatever Michael Dyck's job (or jobs) currently is... it doesn't matter where he is working since no job would prevent him from leaving if a coaching position was offered to him. The only exception is if he was under contract with a team at a higher level (NHL, AHL, etc) but I don't believe he is.

Note that Hockey Canada chose him AGAIN to coach the U17 BC/AB team over the Xmas break.
    He currently has a real job (non hockey related) that pays his bills, gives him time off to be with his family, coach kids, run a spring program, the hockey school etc...I can't see him giving that all up to coach the Canes again given what happened (Roy) in the past, and the boards refusal to extend his contract. As for the Giants I believe he may be the "regional director of player development" therefore not getting recognition on their site. I would very much like to see him behind the bench again but financially, there would have to be more in it for him then their was in the past.

Default DITTO

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    He currently has a real job (non hockey related) that pays his bills, gives him time off to be with his family, coach kids, run a spring program, the hockey school etc...I can't see him giving that all up to coach the Canes again given what happened (Roy) in the past, and the boards refusal to extend his contract. As for the Giants I believe he may be the "regional director of player development" therefore not getting recognition on their site. I would very much like to see him behind the bench again but financially, there would have to be more in it for him then their was in the past.
    Ditto. I just about said the exact same thing. The BOD really missed the boat on this one. The only playoff success we had in over a decade and they just sh** on him. I'm sure they are all wishing now that he was still there. I seriously doubt though that they ever learned anything at all.

Default lossing any optomisim

I am struggling to find positives right now. Yes, we are young but we have to do better then be down 4 to 1 to PA. Management has tried to change the culture by trades and it does not appear to have worked any better. The only other alternative without selling our young prospects is and this is hard to say is to bring in a coach or two who can get his systems and message through. Rick Matt and Chris are not getting it done in spite of their best efforts . It is time for them too look in the mirror and re-evaluate what they are doing or else the writing is on the wall that we will see another revolving door at the Canes door and the board will have to make the move. Lets not let that happen , I have ofter stated amongst friends that Matt should work with the forwards and Rick with the d men. Lets try it, what have we got to lose that we have not already lost

"and the boards refusal to extend his contract". Is this true or just another concourse rumor?