Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by whlking View Post
    Here's what I don't understand about the current way the Hurricanes are running ship. It's no great discovery when I say their is 0% chance this club makes the playoffs, which begs the question, why do they currently employ a twenty year old goaltender? Is that not taking away starts from the likes of Liston and Kovacs, to see if you have anything worth bragging about for next year.

To me for the rest of the year, you get rid of all of your twenties,be it trade or re-assignment, and throw the kids in the deep end, swimming or drowning. The best thing Preston and Co can do now is allow the young players they have to be leaders now and take the lumps as they come because it's not as if lumps aren't currently being recieved.The minute the likes of Maxwell,Merkley,Erkamps, Henry etc etc feel like they have complete control of this team will be the minute these kids start to flourish as players and the minute Hurricane fans will start to see positive steps with this organization.
    We keep these overagers as leaders for these young guys on the team. Without them, our young guys would totally be lost out there. They provide great influences. Yes, I do feel bad for these guys, especially the twenties who rely on his season to prove they can keep going. Sutter already has that advantage of being claimed, but braes and ketlo still have to go out there and try to earn a spot in a training camp. And it's not easy when yu have a team like this led by that kind of coach.

The fans are great in cheering the PLAYERS as they enter/leave the tunnel but we need to also support the players and their need in having a quality head coach. Their careers are being ruined! I wish the coaches had to walk across the ice with the players to the far gate... imagine the fans if that happened!

As for a chant regarding Preston... interesting idea. Why not both a chant and some banners hanging in the crowd? Maybe that would get the media and WHL's attention. The WHL probably assumes Leth fans are indifferent here in the so-called library. There are no newspaper/radio/internet/TV reps or bloggers that report any of our displeasure on this site... but it'd be the opposite if fans started to voice their displeasure during the games. Not that I expect any "Occupy Wall Street" characters to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iofthestorm View Post
    How about the ultimate cost of the coaching staff to the team... If Preston signed an extension, and assuming his salary is around $150k. It would cost $300k to buy him out never mind the balance of the coahing staff. This coupled with the salaries of a new coaching staff could reach $800k over the next two years. This would leave the franchise in financial ruins. The other option is leave the current coaching staff in place and suffer the losses, of reducing attendance and paying their contacts over the next two years. If the team was to pay out the contracts they would likely be in such a weak financial position the the WHL may need to step in to save one of their franchises.
    I am sure (at least I certainty hope...) the Board has met and discussed the two options you brought up. The numbers must come up as better for the club to keep the status quo... yikes!