Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Hamilton

Of course it's a slam dunk that Hamilton wont come back but i think you are going a little over the top with this one of course i don't think he is gonna come back lol but there is always that slim chance and putting him in the same catagorie as Skinner and Hall is not fair no disrespect to Hamilton and yes there is a better chance of him coming back than winning the lottery this was just for ****s and giggles i was just wondering what a return for such an elite player like Hamilton would be

I wouldn’t count him out from returning. Just because he is signed doesn’t mean he gets paid if sent down. He still receives his signing bonus but the Oilers could definitely send him back. They would have to sign him at some point this year anyway otherwise he becomes a free agent. NHL teams have 2 years to sign a drafted player. The Oilers would be crazy to keep a guy in the minors only to be a healthy scratch. There are numerous 20 yr olds that come back even after being signed. Just looking at the Blades organization Last year we had Viedensky came back as a 20 yr old (signed May 5th 2010). The year before both Sam Klassen (signed July 2009) and Milan Kytnar. The year before that Andrej Fiala. I could go on forever to find examples of players signing and sent back.

That said if he is sent back I think he would be traded before he put on a Blades uniform. Probably to Kelowna where he could play at home for his father.

Also recall Wacey Rabbit. He was sent back to the Blades on a condition that he was traded to a contending team. Edmonton could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    I wouldn’t count him out from returning. Just because he is signed doesn’t mean he gets paid if sent down. He still receives his signing bonus but the Oilers could definitely send him back. They would have to sign him at some point this year anyway otherwise he becomes a free agent. NHL teams have 2 years to sign a drafted player. The Oilers would be crazy to keep a guy in the minors only to be a healthy scratch. There are numerous 20 yr olds that come back even after being signed. Just looking at the Blades organization Last year we had Viedensky came back as a 20 yr old (signed May 5th 2010). The year before both Sam Klassen (signed July 2009) and Milan Kytnar. The year before that Andrej Fiala. I could go on forever to find examples of players signing and sent back.

That said if he is sent back I think he would be traded before he put on a Blades uniform. Probably to Kelowna where he could play at home for his father.
    Agreed

Guys, guys, you should know by now that whatever Pepper Carrot says, it's going to be right. He's never been wrong in the history of life.

Im pretty sure this was started as a "what's the odds" thread. If people keep trashing other members questions and comments, ( even if they are silly and never going to happen ) you will be sitting here talking to yourself!! this whole season so far has been a bit over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    Guys, guys, you should know by now that whatever Pepper Carrot says, it's going to be right. He's never been wrong in the history of life.

Who is Pepper Carrot what does that even mean lol

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Who is Pepper Carrot what does that even mean lol
    Oh come on, you frequent the white board.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    Oh come on, you frequent the white board.
    You seem to think you know people from this infamous white board tell me the address maybe i will check into it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    You seem to think you know people from this infamous white board tell me the address maybe i will check into it thanks
    You should get a second opinion on your bi-polar. You may need a larger dosage on your meds.