Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: How long does the team wait..

Default Playoff Math

I am not telling you anything you don't know but thought I would outline the math.

The team needs to win 34 of their next 43 games to make the playoffs assuming the teams in front of them keep winning at their current winning percentage. Here is the math, they need 8 wins to catch Calgary, in those 8 games Calgary will in 5, so they need to win 5, in those 5 Calgary will win 3, and in those 3 Calgary will win 2 and in those two they will win 1. That is 19 wins to catch Calgary, never mind the fact Red Deer will turn it around. They then need to keep pace winning 15 of their remaining 25, assuming the winning percentage of the teams in front of them remain as is. That is 34 wins, leaving only 9 as a margin for error.

Anyone want to make a wager, I will give 3:1 that they do not make the playoffs. Here is the pathetic part, Preston still thinks they can make it. This is evidenced by the fact they continue to play a 20 year old goalie and do not trade two of their 19 year olds and possibly Sutter to get something for the future. Same mistakes again and again and the BOD just sits on their a#$. If Preston could do the math he would figure it out, but then again math, and in addition coaching, managing and public speaking, are not his strengths. Oh well, only 115 more games of this if he signed an extension.

How long will it be until draft picks wont play for the team, players like Merkley, Watson, Erkamps, Duke and Pilon would be picked up by another team. No risk of not getting to play in the league. I feel sorry for the draft picks.

Good on the team for finding a way to win without coaching.

Default Or...

...we could just take a few moments to appreciate the fact that the team has won 6 of their last 8 games, that the 20-yr-old goalie has been playing brilliantly lately and that the rookies are showing tremendous promise and continue to improve every game despite the belief of some people that they are getting absolutely no coaching. We can celebrate these successes with the hockey club, or we can just go on whining, b----ing and complaining because it seems to be the only thing that makes some of us happy.

Default Thanks buddy

Hey, coaching did not win that game, goaltending did. I said good on the players. Just pointing out the obvious. Your right though things are all better. You, the BOD and Preston will have this team in great shape for the future. I was not whining and bi&$@ing. Just doing the math and saying nothing good will come from leaving things the same. Six wins will not get you a cup.

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    ...we could just take a few moments to appreciate the fact that the team has won 6 of their last 8 games, that the 20-yr-old goalie has been playing brilliantly lately and that the rookies are showing tremendous promise and continue to improve every game despite the belief of some people that they are getting absolutely no coaching. We can celebrate these successes with the hockey club, or we can just go on whining, b----ing and complaining because it seems to be the only thing that makes some of us happy.
    Exactly! Whether one thinks the Canes have good coaching or not... why bring it up at this point? Either our team wins a game or it loses. I enjoy when they win!

Default Trades

The team has a bright future and winning has a way of making everyone happy...they played well in BC and really played well in Vancouver....they do though have some solid trade bait for the deadline that could really help them next year which we didnt have last year ...I am sure Braes and Sutter would welcome a trade to playoff team and we could get something for them....on D although Johnston is 19 he could be the most valueable asset as you could get a forward for next year. Only Buonassisi looks like he can provide 20 year old scoring next year and they need one more scorer up front. With Pilon and Topping coming up on D the defence should be ok. Coaching staff seem to love Oslanski for some reason so he would be the D 20 year old....anyone else have any thoughts on potential trades???

Default in case we were wondering

Brandon A's stats since traded to Brandon.

2011-12 Regular Season gp16 ga54 min791 shots426 gaa 4.10 sp888 w7 l7 1 0 0 0

Funny. I just looked them up yesterday.
    Not a season with a better than .900 save percentage.
    That about says it all. Not even close to good let alone elite.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!