Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does the team wait..

Default Definition Oblivious

The definition of oblivious:

Ob-liv-i-ous
    Adjective: not aware of or concerned about what is happening around one.

Quote from today's Herald:
    "We quit working, we quit skating. I don't know what our problem is," said Preston.

I don't know = oblivious

Therefore Oblivious = Lethbridge Hurricanes coaching staff.

I fail to see how allowing your rookies to have minimal ice time last night is in the best interest of the team. It would imply that the coaching staff believes that the veterans can get them wins. The opposite has been proven in the past. At best the vets, including the 20 year olds, are second liners on most other teams. If the concerns is missing the playoffs it is more of the same mistakes as in the past. A shot at the playoffs this year is a long shot at best so why not develop the young players, otherwise the risk is that they end up with little experience and you are basically starting next year with rookies, again. They need a move for some more skill up front, they had their chances last night but can seal the deal. I realize they can't trade away the future and don't have much to trade otherwise so this might just be the situation for this year, but how about moving one of the three goalies. It seems apparent that the coaching staff isn't going anywhere and with one win they will feel the slate is clean. Quit throwing out the vets like it is the solution and let's work on the future. Frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Note to Rich Preston/BOD.....see PA Raiders/Brono Campese
    Sorry, my bad I should have added these quotes from Campese from the WHL website."In the best interest of the team I have decide to step aside as headcoach" &"The team is not playing to expectations as I feel I have underachieved to this point.I will take full responsibility and hold myself accountable" This is want I wanted to stress in my comment and feel Preston should do as well.As far as Preston staying on as GM or Matt K taking over as headcoach I am not in favor of either one. Time to clean house.

Default Hockey History

The following is a news story I would love to see in the Montreal Gazette on Monday morning.

In a move never before seen in hockey, the Montreal Canadiens (NHL) have completed a trade with the Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL). Coming to the Canadiens is Rich Preston and a bag of pucks and going to the Western Hockey League's Lethbridge Hurricanes is former assistant coach Perry Pearn and a couple of original wooden hockey sticks. Rich has had a number of stops over the years including the last three as coach and general manager for the Hurricanes as well as many years as an assistant coach with the Calgary Flames. The Hurricanes can finally say they got their man as Perry was their preferred choice over Rich Preston. Commissioner Gary Bettman went on record as saying. "this bizarre trade obviously makes sense for everybody involved. I think that both teams have done well in this case." At press time monetary compensation was not disclosed. The trade takes effect immediately.

But seriously now, thirteen games in a row and not a single win in the month of October, something has to be done. The honorable thing for Mr. Preston to do is to remove himself as coach and bring in somebody new that can teach the finer points of the game. There are no current assistant coaches on staff that could fit the bill, but there has to be somebody out there that can do much better. We have 20 careers at stake here, so let's not throw them all away.

Yes BB, the issue at hand is that there are 20 careers or more in the balance.
    This is not a rebuild. It is flat out a catastrophic failure on Preston's part. 13? Unbelievable!
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Bare Bear View Post
    The following is a news story I would love to see in the Montreal Gazette on Monday morning.

But seriously now, thirteen games in a row and not a single win in the month of October, something has to be done. The honorable thing for Mr. Preston to do is to remove himself as coach and bring in somebody new that can teach the finer points of the game. There are no current assistant coaches on staff that could fit the bill, but there has to be somebody out there that can do much better. We have 20 careers at stake here, so let's not throw them all away.
    Totally agree. Many young talents we have here ie. Merkley, Erkamps, Watson; and if we keep "Mumbles" they will just go to waste. It's a sad thought. Hopefully Presto will do the same as Prince Albert and relieve himself as coach. This has gone waayyyy too far. Nevermind 13 being too far, 9 was too far! 6 was too far! Something has to be done.

Tonite i thought we played pathetic. It's heartbreaking because you really want to see this club succeed. But we couldnt make a darn pass, we couldnt shoot a darn puck on the powerplay without it being blocked, we couldnt stay away form the darn penaltybox, we couldnt play darn defence, we couldnt shoot a darn puck on net! it was darn painful to watch!

Default chisamore commented in the post game show............

that preston said that he has NEVER been apart of a team that has been this bad........thats because he was never running the show before..time move on mumbles,your are a complete waist of skin......
    GO CANES GO.................

Default second thought..............

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    that preston said that he has NEVER been apart of a team that has been this bad........thats because he was never running the show before..time move on mumbles,your are a complete waist of skin......
    it hard to beleive he would make that statement, afterall he is in charge..it is sheer arrogance on his part to not take the blame...the word megalomaniac come to mind,i cant see him steping down because in his mind he cant do no wrong, he's RICH PRESTON................
    GO CANES GO.................

Anyone out there know what the Canes finished off like last year? I'd love to know the record in say the last 40 games played.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Anyone out there know what the Canes finished off like last year? I'd love to know the record in say the last 40 games played.
    Looking back at last years schedule,we lost 29 of our last 40 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Including the end of last year's season when they went 0-4, the Canes have gone 2-18 in the last 20 games. A nice winning percentage of .100... Looking at the last 40 games, they have 8 wins and 32 losses, DOUBLING their winning percentage to .200... sadly only 3 of those 32 losses came in a shootout.

The only positive I can see is that exactly one year ago, the Canes played their best hockey of the season... winning 5 of 6 in a small stretch there - including wins over Kootenay and Medicine Hat.

Back to the losing streak, seeing that record means the coaches and radio guys unfortunately can't blame it on this year's injury outbreak... the worst part about it is how Preston joked about losing on TV last week. I'm sure we could all laugh at massive failure as well if we were still guaranteed a 6 figure salary.

We are all wondering... what's next?? Preston made his big moves via the trades. That led to nothing too great... It's the end of the month so the Club probably only has 75 cents left in its bank account, meaning the Board is unable to make a move... Will we see the WHL office having to intervene?