Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does the team wait..

Finances, how much is preston making and owed? How much is in the coffers?
    I keep hearing doom and gloom financially but nothing has been backed up with facts. Anyone have any facts? Any insiders on this fan forum?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Long way to go!
    LONGEST LOSING STREAK:

32***** - Victoria Cougars, November 22, 1989 through February 11, 1990.
    25***** - New Westminster Bruins, February 8 through March 24, 1981.
    24***** - Winnipeg Warriors, February 5 through March 21, 1984.

All these teams have something in common!
    No longer exist in that city.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Default i was told a few years back..................

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Finances, how much is preston making and owed? How much is in the coffers?
    I keep hearing doom and gloom financially but nothing has been backed up with facts. Anyone have any facts? Any insiders on this fan forum?
    i believe right after the 2007/08 year that the canes had a couple million in the bank. that number kinda makes sence 4 the simple reason that if they lost 650000 over the last couple of years they would be in deep **** without it.......take my comment with a grain of salt i guess, but it came from a good source.............
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Sorry, my bad I should have added these quotes from Campese from the WHL website."In the best interest of the team I have decide to step aside as headcoach" &"The team is not playing to expectations as I feel I have underachieved to this point.I will take full responsibility and hold myself accountable" This is want I wanted to stress in my comment and feel Preston should do as well.As far as Preston staying on as GM or Matt K taking over as headcoach I am not in favor of either one. Time to clean house.
    Where does that leave the Canes? I can't see that many of them wouldn't want a trade. With all the connections that Sutter's have, I have to think that a trade with Brody on the horizon. Does Braes stick around and finish his overage year or does he get moved? Oslanski, Kizuik, Hood, Ramsay, and Maxwell make up the remainder of the vets, but IMO they stay and give what support on and off the ice they can. Now if trades are imminent, I can only see more draft picks coming our way. Who else would seriously contemplate joining this team?

I think it is time for Preston to step down. Leave the Hurricanes pick up the pieces without draining all the finances.

Mgmt has said they will ask the vets if they want to be traded... there are several vets BUT only 3 guys who will not be back next year... so they may be the only ones dealt.

I'm sure most guys will want out but how many will Preston be able to find a fair deal for?

Shushu's right on the money about the finances, but with one exception: The actual cash losses far exceed the amount announced. In business terms, they shaded the first season of loss. They would have actually lost a good $100,000 more than that and same last year. As a community-owned team, money's not as huge issue, but it HAS to be a worry after these losses.

Quote Originally Posted by canes watcher View Post
    As a community-owned team, money's not as huge issue, but it HAS to be a worry after these losses.
    I would think money is a huge issue for community owned teams. If the cash reserves run out their is no one like a rich owner to write a cheque. Where would the team get money from?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Mgmt has said they will ask the vets if they want to be traded... there are several vets BUT only 3 guys who will not be back next year... so they may be the only ones dealt.

I'm sure most guys will want out but how many will Preston be able to find a fair deal for?
    I didn't hear that this offer was going to be made. Where did this information come from? I am not questioning the authenticity of the statement. I am just wondering how I missed something so important.

Default maybe right there is the answer...........

let the board run out of cash, boycott the games 4 a year..the league has already stated that they would not move this team because of it location and our building....from what ive heard there is a long line of buyers with very deep pockets that once in charge would DEMAND success....ps ....may sound radical but when you listen to mr clark on globel sports he say'' we are getting about 3100 fans on average to the games" which mean as long as 3100 people are stupid enough to go watch this gong show why would we change anything.............now there's what i call town pride..........
    GO CANES GO.................

Default I will be there

I guess I am stupid but I have enjoyed this season much more then last year. This has nothing to do with the replays or anything like that. I honestly think most nights the team has been there and we have seen losses but the effort from both the youngsters and veterans has been there. We do need something done on the power play which if was football I simply would decline the penalty. It has got better but we still need to shoot the flipping puck . I think that is a situation where they dont want to blow the chance and by making another pass we miss the opportunity. Shooting with traffic create goals.