Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Icing ... Not ?

upper level fan Guest

Well if thats the case then they should drop the puck at center ice. Because thats what they do when they realize they made a mistake. Yes they are human and do make mistakes I just havent seen them do that here in spokane, but im sure its happened before.

To me it always seems like in Everett we get the idoit refs and linesmen. After one of the icing on a PK calls, the linesman was shaking he head and we getting alot of crap from the fans.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

rinkrat Guest

Default On a related note...

I don't like the combination of the "no touch" icing rule along side the "no 2 line pass" rule! It creates a game of icings non stop because players keep going for that "homerun" pass.Its do or die,all or none...Any other cliches?

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ihlemic10
    To me it always seems like in Everett we get the idoit refs and linesmen. After one of the icing on a PK calls, the linesman was shaking he head and we getting alot of crap from the fans.
    All teams feel the same way about the refs.

Some interesting points in this thread. One thing I don't agree with is people who say icing should be waved of on a botched pass. The reason I think this doesn't work is because the team that missed the pass still gets the puck deep in the oppositions zone. They missed the pass and therefore iced it so should be punished by having the faceoff in there own end.

And also don't rag on those d-men who dogg it getting to a puck so it's icing, I am one of those guys. Those rec hockey refs catch me everytime and wave it off though (like they should).