Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Glover ? ? ?

Default Brandon Glover ? ? ?

Brandon Glover hasn't played in a game for a long time, what's his status with the team. He's still dressing for games but his stats leave a lot to be desired. Will he be in town much longer?

I love it when we make trades with you guys!

Chris Dreidger is a better goalie and the Hitmen have been a better team with Dreidger between the pipes. Glover is an average backup at this level at best imo.

I tend to agree that Glover is an average backup at best. When he is back there you are almost waiting for the team to collapse. Driedger has shown a ton of promise.

We love that MJ took Kirsch for a 4th, an 18 year old and a puck moving Dman. That trade worked well for Calgary. Kirsch needed to be traded before he lost value, he has a very one dimensional game. So I hate the Beach trade netted but I am pleased with what Kirsch returned. So Kisio is one and one so far. Truth is Gayle is actually playing great this season.

Smile kirch

Ya it was a bad trade for MJ. He only had 3 goals last night and 5 in 3 games

mj 2 cal 0 you'll be lucky if kornelson scores 5 goals all season Glover was way OVERRATED as a talent
    GO WARRIORS GO

I think that you look at it from a different perspective. Can Kirsch score? oh yeah he has probably one of the best shots in the league. But he is limited to that set of skills. He doesn't see the ice well and he is terrible defensively. The Hitmen just don't have the depth to cover his lack of two way game. Bonus for him he goes to Moose Jaw who is a contender and has some talent to get him the puck so he can use his shot more effectively. Next year when he is an overage, I think Calgary management saw a more effective grouping being Sylvester, Cheek and Humphries (assuming Macek doesn't return). Although I am not sure I would prefer Cheek, I am sure that Calgary got value in return for Kirsch. Kornelson's game doesn't bother me. He won't score the same way Kirsch will but I am not certain that Calgary was looking for that. I also don't think he is devoid of potential to be an effective two way player. I didn't say it was a bad trade for MJ, I just stated I love it for Calgary, it really works well for our team. Glad it helped MJ too.

Glover may have been overrated by MJ fans but here we are sure he is a total dud. There is a reason he is back on the bench behind Driedger.

Default Dumped off by MJ

He was a second stringer in MJ last year before the deal. That tells you what you need to know about him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    He was a second stringer in MJ last year before the deal. That tells you what you need to know about him.
    He actually was a third stringer because he chose to leave the team because he didn't get a shot as a starter as he felt he deserved. Definitely not a defense of him at all, just thought I would point out it was even worse than sitting on the pine.

Default Heemskerk

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    He actually was a third stringer because he chose to leave the team because he didn't get a shot as a starter as he felt he deserved. Definitely not a defense of him at all, just thought I would point out it was even worse than sitting on the pine.
    That's right. They made the deal with Everett(I think) early in the season for Thomas Heemskerk. Glover lost his spot. Ironic because the year previous to that, Heemskerk was with Kootenay and retired briefly when he lost his starting job to Nathan Lieuwen. After his rights were traded to Everett, he unretired and played out the season with the 'Tips.