Thread: VS CALGARY

Default VS CALGARY

2-1 lead going into the 3rd and Raiders are on a 5 minute man-advantage. Game comfortably in hand, right? That abortion of a power play generates 2 shots and another short-handed goal against in 5 minutes. That's it. Game over. Rolled over like a 5 dollar River Street Hooker and gave up 3 more unanswered goals.

you missed terrible goaltending

can we not stop one short handed chance? you go back to the begining of the year till now and its 99% of the time if the other team gets a chance on our power play its in the net! brutal game change

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    you missed terrible goaltending
    Williams just has to be better than that, he let his team down tonight. A shorthanded 1handed back hand along the ice is unacceptable for a WHL goaltender and especially on a team that is so fragile, he has to make that save!!

Iconchl So what now....

No can disagree we have the talent on this team, the Bruno haters got their wish and he left the bench. Now, we can clearly see the Players are the problem. Where is the leadership from the Veterans? Where is the desire from the players?

I'm sorry, I didn't see Bruno as the problem, for the past few years I've seen our leadership in players lack compared to other teams. Bring in any coach you want, these players are mentally soft and don't know what it takes to win....McNeil sure doesn't look like NHL material these day IMO.

Default go raiders go

The game lastnight was terrible. Ya sure raiders are up 2 to 1 heading for 3rd but there wasn't any emotion or flow from warm ups to the final buzzer. Corbin gets hurt from a hit from behind and not one player sticks up for him. Ya we did get the 5 minute pp but that will never work and the goals against are gonna continue to keep coming when you have 5 forwards playing pp. I can sure understand not playing Vanscourt on the pp due to bad passes and give aways. Corbin and Morrisey can play pp instead of our forwards on the point. I don't understand why some of these players taking bad penalties and making bad plays don't get put in the stands for a couple games and put Berry and Perreaux into the lineup. Tochkin doesn't seem to wanna back check and he look's to be slow. The trade with Vancouver looks horrible now when we get a 19 year old for a 16 year old now that Burns quit. I have been a raider fan for year's and this is the first time I have seen a team that seem's to accept losing. The responsibilty fall's on the players. We need our best players to be our best. There is a problem when other team's 2nd and 3rd lines are scoring against our so called top line. On paper raiders have a great team on the ice not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimmer View Post
    No can disagree we have the talent on this team, the Bruno haters got their wish and he left the bench. Now, we can clearly see the Players are the problem. Where is the leadership from the Veterans? Where is the desire from the players?

I'm sorry, I didn't see Bruno as the problem, for the past few years I've seen our leadership in players lack compared to other teams. Bring in any coach you want, these players are mentally soft and don't know what it takes to win....McNeil sure doesn't look like NHL material these day IMO.
    Bruno was responsible for bringing in everyone of these players, so whether it is with the coaches hat or the GM hat this is the team Bruno made and said we could win with in the 5th year of his plan. I like Bruno I really do, sometimes it doesn;t work out the way you want, but in my world i also get fired if i make those choices that don;t work out.........it is part of life.

They had to try a new coach, if it doesn't work, well then they have to blow things up and make some deals to bring in "younger" players that will be ready to win here, but we can;t wait to long. no more trades for 19 year olds, they can't help us rebuild, 17 and 18 year olds can.

The only issue that I have is his getting something for nothing trades. He has said on his radio show he will not pay any significant prices to bring in a highend defencemen. Well guess what , that why we are watching very sub par hockey. I truely feel they are one stud defencemen away from being a very good team.

What is the song that is played in their intro video and then when they come on the ice?

Default song

"Diamond Eyes" by Shinedown