Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular season

Default Regular season

I think out threads are getting spread thin. If you guys dont want it in a regular season thread then change it but this may be easier. It looks like the extra ice time is helping Hodder come around. I would still like to see him a bit more physical but a much better on ice performance last night. I also thought Elloitt played better too. I have no doubt Lorne has a grip on what his players can do and it will turn out im sure. Keep up the good work.

For all intents and purposes Hodder should be back in game shape now and his on ice comfort level should be falling into place and as such I suspect that is why we are starting to see a bit more out of him. I still hope there is more for him to improve as time goes on here both with his physical play in the defensive end and timing.

A question: Is it just my perception or does Makarov get bumped into a bit more than what we are used to seeing. I know he is more active around the net, but seems to get in contact with other players a bit more. Im not saying hes getting run, but contact all the same. and is it a concern?

Hodder coming around? Played well last night?

No he didn't. He was god awful. There weren't too many players that did show up last night and Hodder definitely wasn't one of the bright spots.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    A question: Is it just my perception or does Makarov get bumped into a bit more than what we are used to seeing. I know he is more active around the net, but seems to get in contact with other players a bit more. Im not saying hes getting run, but contact all the same. and is it a concern?
    I think this league is letting a lot more contact go on goalies. Ours (bdn) were being bumped into all night in MH and leth, and at home vs MJ and Edm. So I'm hoping we start doing the same to opposing goalies....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocator View Post
    I thought the Blades defence was supposed to be so top notch this year? If they can't score goals bc they do not have a sniper then could they at least keep the pucks out of their net. Scoreless ties still get you a point.
    Blades defence looks pretty suspect from #4 down, got some upgrading to do for next year. We have some d-men if you want!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Advocator View Post
    I thought the Blades defence was supposed to be so top notch this year? If they can't score goals bc they do not have a sniper then could they at least keep the pucks out of their net. Scoreless ties still get you a point.

top notch defense really? after Siemens the D is pretty avg looking to be honest. The Blades look alot like how the Pats are built to be honest a solid D (nothing amazing) & a solid 1st line & then a bunch of workers, neither team are lights out & both have solid goaltending.

Just a question has Josh Nicholls been signed by the Leafs by chance? If he is signed chances of him coming back as a 20yr old is very slim maybe the Blades have to look at possibly trading him for a soild 18yr old who can play a bigger role next season for the Memorial Cup. Even if he isnt signed at the moment maybe still got to look at the odds of him being signed in the summer once he gets signed the chances of coming back are slim to none especially a guy of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    top notch defense really? after Siemens the D is pretty avg looking to be honest. The Blades look alot like how the Pats are built to be honest a solid D (nothing amazing) & a solid 1st line & then a bunch of workers, neither team are lights out & both have solid goaltending.

Just a question has Josh Nicholls been signed by the Leafs by chance? If he is signed chances of him coming back as a 20yr old is very slim maybe the Blades have to look at possibly trading him for a soild 18yr old who can play a bigger role next season for the Memorial Cup. Even if he isnt signed at the moment maybe still got to look at the odds of him being signed in the summer once he gets signed the chances of coming back are slim to none especially a guy of his talent.
    Columbus didn't want Calvert to come back for our Mem Cup run either, he wasn't signed, if he was they would have made him go to the AHL. Just food for thought for the Blades and Nicholls. Calvert turned down the contract and AHL because he's a Bdn boy who wanted to do right by his home town. Highly honourable, but not the smart business decision

Wow Makarov stole 1 for us tonight Calgary out chanced us by 2-1 tonight and hit 3 posts Makarov was stunning

K either the stupid defense first strategy has got to go or else some players should be shipped out now. They sit around AGAIN in the third period, and this is the time we mite have next year? yikes.

So far Makarov has been the team's MVP this year.