Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular season

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    K either the stupid defense first strategy has got to go or else some players should be shipped out now. They sit around AGAIN in the third period, and this is the time we mite have next year? yikes.

So far Makarov has been the team's MVP this year.
    The third and 4th line need to contribute more and as for the Blades third periods it has been brutal this season are they not conditioned compared to other teams or what ? not sure but they keep running out of gas

I agree with Makarov being the MVP so far

I agree Makarov has been the stand out leader so far. There are a number of players that are not performing the way they should be. The third and fourth lines need to get into it. More energy, maybe conditioning is part of it. last year our third and fourth came out, hit and banged it out along the boards and created the needed push back. There will be changes, for next year but i do not want to toss this year. This is the year we should be building the winning mind set. Teach the younger players what it takes to win, and that requires top notch leadership. I like the Sutter line, and i think Lucas has commited to playing at that higher level this year. He took a glove to the face lastnight that would have been a scrap last year, this year it negates them pulling thier goalie. Great team play.

Here is some potentially good news as blades fans under the whl discipline tab. If Dizzy gets 3 or more games he'll miss the November 8th game in stoon.

11/02/11 Darian Dziurzynski Brandon Tbd for charge major and g.m. at Swift Current on November 1

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    I agree with Makarov being the MVP so far

Makarov was really the only reason the game in Regina was as close as it was, the Blades really have to look at themselves in the mirror & see who is willing to commit to competing on a nightly basis. As of right now i would be afraid to see Todd play a game with how the team is playing infront of the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocator View Post
    If Siemens is so great, why isn't his plus minus better. Overrated if you ask me.

Ummmm last time i checked the +/- stat is a key 1 yes but no 1s +/- will be good if the team isnt having any success... ur team needs to score goals to move up in the +/- stat... & believe me Siemens is as advertised he wasnt a 1st rd pick for no reason he is the key to any chance of a Memorial Cup Championship, dont be so hard on the guy he is a true talent.

It seems all our players with very few exceptions have to answer the call, to look deep inside and say am i doing all that i can. I see some players are gripping the stick a bit tight, maybe from the added expectations of coming events. Duncan is playing well, and that will not change. Our Defense men are expected to break up the rush, and shut down the other team, Make that soild first pass. That pass is hard to make if the forwards do not have thier feet moving. When this happens i think they try to do too much themselves. You get a rush from our end thats broke up in the neutral zone or just a rush with no finish due to to forecheck. or like lastnight a rushing D'man who ends up running into his own player cause hes standing there watching the D'man skate!

Is this a joke? What am I missing. Blades are 10-5-0-1. Tied for 4th and 3 points out of first. They are averaging 3.56 goals per game. They are 7-0 at home. They are missing Chris Collins which would make the 3rd line alot better. Their first line of Nicholls Benson and Stransky is one of the best lines in the league.

Yes Makarov has been the MVP and he is playing great, but tell me again why that is a bad thing?

Yes the first line is generating most of the offense but at 3.56 goals don't care who is scoring at least their are scoring.

Again tell me why we are supposed to be concerned?

the concern is the lack of a soild true 60min game. Im not sure we have palyed one yet and it only gets tougher as the season goes on. We are winning and thats proof of a good team and strong goaltending, but we have to be aware of our effort levels.

umm silly question but where can i go find the 50ppl?

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    umm silly question but where can i go find the 50ppl?
    Here ya go

http://saskatoonblades.com/page/in-the-system2

Btw Dziurzynski gets a 2 game suspension looks like we will get to see him at the CUC come Tuesdat night