Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Regular season

Interesting to note, tonight Paradis and Trask are wearing A's. Benson and Dietz have lost them by the looks of it, at least for tonite they have.

Not surprised to see Paradis get recognized for his hard work, he's a leader on the team.

Makarov has already made 3 huge saves tonight my god the team defense needs to get it together

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    That's been the Blades mentality for a long time though hey? Big, bad, tough and undisciplined, and the stupid penalties end up costing them big games. the Red Deer fiasco cost them the chance of beating the Wheaties in the next round. I'm guessing the "fight first" attitude must emenate from Lorne since it's been a feature the last 4 or 5 years of the Blades?

I don't know if you hit the nail on the head by labeling it a fight first mentality, but there's no question Mooner likes a very physical team.

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    I don't know if you hit the nail on the head by labeling it a fight first mentality, but there's no question Mooner likes a very physical team.
    It's an entertaining philosophy but not sure if you can win in the playoffs with it!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fro14 View Post
    clean hit on nicholls then dietz flys in takes a instagtor and is out of the game.
    Isn't just Dietz, I see it happening more and more every year with every team. Win or lose the ensuing fight, it always seems to give a big boost to the team whose player delivered the big, clean hit in addition to giving them a 2 minute power play.

It's an entertaining philosophy but not sure if you can win in the playoffs with it!!!

Damn you for going there ! hahaha

Blades third period struggels again was 5-2 now it's 5-4 i just don't get it Makarov since the first has been a little shaky suprisingly

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Isn't just Dietz, I see it happening more and more every year with every team. Win or lose the ensuing fight, it always seems to give a big boost to the team whose player delivered the big, clean hit in addition to giving them a 2 minute power play.
    Right on cue! Cox takes an instigator, Swift Current capitalizes to move with in 1 goal!

Jesus 7-5 win what a crazy third period we go up 5-2 then goes to 5-4 then 7-4 then more pressure by the broncoes and it ends 7-5 Makarov had his worst game of the year thank god the offense was there to score 7 there road game needs huge improvment

That's been the Blades mentality for a long time though hey? Big, bad, tough and undisciplined, and the stupid penalties end up costing them big games. the Red Deer fiasco cost them the chance of beating the Wheaties in the next round. I'm guessing the "fight first" attitude must emenate from Lorne since it's been a feature the last 4 or 5 years of the Blades?
    Speaking undisciplined......Ferland took a stupid 10 min misconduct to begin the 3rd. He was asking everyone/anyone to fight from the 2nd on! Think Dietz would be the only guy that would have a chance with him. Don't think you guys dont play that way! After Zajac crushed a WK, Melnychuk came over and wanted to fight....5'9" 16 yr old vs 6'4" 20 yr old. I would bet every team has had a handfull of fight in retaliation of a big, clean hit this year!

Dont think the line brawl cost us the chance to beat you guys. They weren't as talented.....thats why we lost....DD, Siemens and Acolaste only missed the first game. If anything, that brought the team together!