Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ANDERSON, STOP SOMETHING!!!

Default Anderson/DeSerres

Jake had the same struggles when he arrived from Seattle a couple of yrs back. He started with a couple of solid games, then went into a major tailspin. One game against last place Regina, we led 7-3 with 8 mins left. In a heartbeat, we were facing off in OT and were only saved by a Colby Robak OT winner. Four weak goals had us all believing DeSerres was on the next bus outta town. And all he did was get us to the Mem Cup Final.

Since Boes went down, Anderson has picked up his game a fair bit. We know another goalie is coming because Boes is gone til almost February. Although I haven't completely lost faith in Anderson just yet, remember the name Kent Simpson. He plays for Everett and has amazing numbers for a goalie on a last place team. This season, when it's over and done, will really surprise alot of people who think we're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Jake had the same struggles when he arrived from Seattle a couple of yrs back. He started with a couple of solid games, then went into a major tailspin. One game against last place Regina, we led 7-3 with 8 mins left. In a heartbeat, we were facing off in OT and were only saved by a Colby Robak OT winner. Four weak goals had us all believing DeSerres was on the next bus outta town. And all he did was get us to the Mem Cup Final.

Since Boes went down, Anderson has picked up his game a fair bit. We know another goalie is coming because Boes is gone til almost February. Although I haven't completely lost faith in Anderson just yet, remember the name Kent Simpson. He plays for Everett and has amazing numbers for a goalie on a last place team. This season, when it's over and done, will really surprise alot of people who think we're doomed.
    I share your optimism! But smell a big trade comming.

Question Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by WHLFANMAN View Post
    I share your optimism! But smell a big trade comming.
    Makes things more interesting now that they have announced that goalie Curtis Honey has joined the Wheat Kings for the balance of the season. I wonder if this might spells the end for Anderson and Boes, with Simpson coming our way....or Pickard. An interesting twist in all this is that Curtis Honey has a twin brother who now plays right wing for Seattle. Both were hoping for US college scholarships. Conner Honey not long ago jumped from Green Bay(USHL) to join Seattle here in the Dub. Honey for Pickard???

The plot thickens....and I'm glued to these sites the second Xmas break is over. Something big is coming. But when?

Default Anderson experiment needs to end

Yes, earlier in this thread, I said we need to give Anderson a bit more time. But I, for one, can't take anymore of this. He's a junior A goalie taking up space on a contending team, and making us into a pretender. It's like carrying a grenade in your pocket that is missing the pin. Sorry Mr. Anderson, but new equipment or not, it's time to face facts. You are not an upgrade from Liam Liston.

I didn't think the lopsided score was his fault all that much. The first 2 he'll want back, but the PP goal and Peddle's weren't his fault at all.

The Oil Kings did a really good job limiting Wheat King scoring chances, and for a 41 save performance Brossart had a pretty easy evening.

Default Anderson

Not sure what Washington Caps saw in Anderson as a goalie--they have signed him to a contract---yikes---he is very inconsistent---not what you want from a 19 yr old who has signed an NHL contract. He has had enough chances to prove himself---lets get rid of him and give Honey a chance in the next 3 games before the trade deadline or else let's go after Pickard from Seattle or Everett's goalie--Simpson. We need better goaltending if we are to go anywhere this year.

Default I hear you....

He will be sent back as an overage, but I doubt he will be coming back here.

Iconwhl

Wheatiemanic what is it, 1st u say its the defense now its the goaltending will tomorrow it be the waterboy?

I hope KM does nothing with the goaltending just like he did the year u guys had the memorial cup everyone around the league knew the WKs were going to fall on there face in the Memorial Cup cuz everyone knew the run n gun style with no goalie wasnt going to win the WHL let alone the buy into the tournament to try & win it.

KM has problems identifying goalies, every other position he is 1 of the best at it. Year after year the WKs problems are goaltending, have a great all around team but goaltending isnt there to make a key save or allows a softie to kill the team. I doubt KM goes out & gets either goalie u r hoping for in Simpson or Pickard.

Reading ur posts over the last few days & how insane some of them sound u definately dont have as much creditablity as guys like Dagley, chalk_one_up, sbtatter or even joe_hallenback

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Wheatiemanic what is it, 1st u say its the defense now its the goaltending will tomorrow it be the waterboy?

I hope KM does nothing with the goaltending just like he did the year u guys had the memorial cup everyone around the league knew the WKs were going to fall on there face in the Memorial Cup cuz everyone knew the run n gun style with no goalie wasnt going to win the WHL let alone the buy into the tournament to try & win it.

KM has problems identifying goalies, every other position he is 1 of the best at it. Year after year the WKs problems are goaltending, have a great all around team but goaltending isnt there to make a key save or allows a softie to kill the team. I doubt KM goes out & gets either goalie u r hoping for in Simpson or Pickard.

Reading ur posts over the last few days & how insane some of them sound u definately dont have as much creditablity as guys like Dagley, chalk_one_up, sbtatter or even joe_hallenback
    KM is like Bobby Clarke good teams no goalies . You got the credibility part right . He's hardly ever on here but since the trade freeze was lifted he's all over the board and most of it just makes you wonder . Can't wait for the 11th
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Everyone knew going in that it was Windsor's tournament to lose.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I still maintain if you had swapped Martin Jones and Jacob DeSerres nothing would changed, results wise. DeSerres' numbers, had he been in Calgary would've been similar to Jones' Hitmen numbers, and vice versa. Look at DeSerres numbers in St. John when he had a better defensive system infront of him.

Also, the WHL got what it wanted for that Memorial Cup, with the 2 best teams being there.