Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blades WJHC - Siemens/Nicholls not invited

Default Blades WJHC - Siemens/Nicholls not invited

I am extremely surprised about Siemens not getting invited. He has played against the other teams top lines all year long and has shut down some of the biggest combo's in the league. Etem's streak was ended due to the defensive play of Siemens and Stone had a streak ended as well due to that matchup. perhaps he wasn't a slam dunk to make the team as an 18 year old dman but to not even get an invite is pure ridiculous. Even more so by seeing some of the other names on the list.

Josh Nicholls, I can understand how he wasn't named as he was a bubble guy. He likely would've played well in a 3rd -4th line checking roll and been used as a PK guy.

I guess they don't need a hard brusing dman who plays like scott stevens and was drafted in the first round last year, guess he wasn't good enough what a fricken joke Ryan Murray gets the invite who is injured right now though

Well lets hope Makarov and Stransky make there teams

Stransky supposably won't be invited by the Czech Squad this year. They are taking an all 19 year old team apparently.

As for Makarov - he should have a great chance to be one of the 2 goalies. Looks like what could've been 4 WJHC Blade players will turn in to 1.

To be honest, I thought Siemens struggled in Regina. He didn't handle the speed of the Russians well. The best d-man on the ice was Dumba, by far.

I thought that Nicholls had a good game. I would much rather have Nicholls and Weal on my team than Gallagher. The guy never passed the puck once.

Dumba is great and deserves no question about it Siemens was weak in Regina and this past weekend looked very slow and average other than that the kid has been great next year Siemens should be a shoe in to make the team

I thought Siemens was poor when he played which is suprising because he has looked really good this year. Nicholls is a bubble player and didn't really show much

Murray has been a top end guy when he has played for Canada before so I am sure that has alot to do with it.

Pretty sure Siemens will be there next year anyway

Not really surprised about Nicholls. He just wouldn't fit the role of a checker in the WJHC tourney. He plays to soft for that role.

Siemens on the other hand is a little more surprising. I will trust Don Hays judgement though, cause he's a great coach.

I hope Dumba makes it! Especially since someone last year predicted that he would even if everyone laughed at me when I said it.

Thumbs down

You're ****ing kidding me right? pathetic...This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and I was really looking forward to this years Worlds because I was so sure, at least that Duncan would make it...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Awesome View Post
    You're ****ing kidding me right? pathetic...This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and I was really looking forward to this years Worlds because I was so sure, at least that Duncan would make it...wow.
    Duncan **** the bed in the canada russia subway series i guess that mini series means more than i thought it would not to worry duncan is only 18 and will probably make it next season