Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
Ya i just dont feel the Blades are as legit with Todd in net as compared to Makarov for my Pats id have no problems at all with the Pats trading Hewitt as Beukeboom has been great in the games he has played & every game he has played in has been against a LEGIT top team top contender in the league, he has started against KTN, RD, MJ & POR & came in , in relief in TC he has a .897SV% which is very good especially against the teams he has faced he is 0-4 but definately not judging his record on the teams he has faced.

I think watching Makarov in the Russian jersey in how he kept Russia in the game against Team WHL really woke up a few of u Blades fans, Makarov is a great goalie im not taking anything away from his ability, great goalies let coaches open things up & play a style that allows them to take chances to press for more offense. It was the same with Stanford last year & once the Blades faced a more superior (im sure i spelt that wrong) the Blades had no idea on how to play anyother way & Stanford couldnt be the saviour.

Are the Blades a great team like there record shows? not a chance but they are still a good team forsure.
Great post i do agree we are not as good as our record shows i predicted them to be anywhere from the 4th to 6th range this season for the east conf, Blades are still pretty young with only 3 19 year olds on there team so i gotta be happy with there start as a young team, i still hope they go after McNeil he is 18 get him now build some chemistry for next season when he will be 19 put him on a line with Nicholls

You are right when it comes to them opening it up more with a great goalie like Makarov and i think that hurt them a bit this past weekend letting up more than 40 shots per game with a very tired goalie, not even the best of them can bail you out time after time

all in all good start they have 8 games left before xmas i hope they can win 5 of them and have 23 wins at the half way point cause the second half is gonna be damn tough