Thread: vs MJ

Default vs MJ

outplayed, outdisciplined, outworked, outshot, out coached by MJ

With all the talk about 'off ice' problems and lack of discipline, here is my 2 cents:

anyone who has played hockey and knows the culture on hockey teams, understands that team discipline and behavior is modelled by the leadership on the team, starting with the GM, Coach and star players.
    Last edited by Sttop; 12-01-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Could someone be "choked" over the fact that some players from their home team got overlooked??? Yes, I said "CHOKED"!!!
    Last edited by Sttop; 12-01-2011 at 09:27 AM.

There was a reason Maylan a 1st rounder was shipped out of Moosejaw and I dont think it was just about talent.
    Last edited by Sttop; 12-01-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by XCHEKR View Post
    Could someone be "choked" over the fact that some players from their home team got overlooked??? Yes, I said "CHOKED"!!!
    Sorry not choked at all We have a guy Makarov got a invite for team Russia not choked maybe a touch surprised in some players thats all but they will have a chance next year when they are 19 in Siemens and stransky's case
    Last edited by Sttop; 12-01-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    There was a reason Maylan a 1st rounder was shipped out of Moosejaw and I dont think it was just about talent.
    I dont know how Maylan can be singled out when he has been our best forward all year. I think Herrod and Maylan have both outplayed McNeil this year yet McNeil still sees praise like he is taking this team to the playoffs.

If you are talking about off ice, I really don't know, anyone I have talked to says Maylan is a well spoken kid but seems quiet and wouldnt be the locker room talk type guy.

Hopefully McNeil can keep this going because he looks as if he might be fniding his stride. At least we could watch some entertaining hockey for the rest of the year as playoffs are out of the question.
    Last nights game saw some brutal officiating. Yaworski with 2 lazy penalties, Ruopp with a questionable boarding call (I thought it was a stronger kid vs a weaker kid) that led to a goal. Hart with a 5 minute penalty which was not deserving of anything more than 2 minutes. Also, perhaps someone can tell me: Hart takes a penalty on the play, the player scores ... doesnt that wash out the penalty? Just as if a player is tripped on a breakaway but scores...there is no penalty shot awarded.

Penalty minutes at 29-6 is going to lead to a shot difference.

Agree to disagree but the raiders kept up with MJ all night when you consider the times spent on the PK and some missed calls on MJ in the third.

Correct me if I'm wrong...The major penalty stands even if a goal is scored. As for minor penalties, I thought it was eliminated with a goal, but recall posing that same question once where a player scored and there was still a penalty to serve. Enlighten us someone....

what you said makes sense.
    Did you feel it was deserving of a major? I will guarantee you one thing, had he not laid on the ice as long as he did it would have been a minor. Not to mention the warrior who couldnt stand up after the goal was out for the very next shift.

Quote Originally Posted by the voice View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong...The major penalty stands even if a goal is scored. As for minor penalties, I thought it was eliminated with a goal, but recall posing that same question once where a player scored and there was still a penalty to serve. Enlighten us someone....
    A major penalty is served for the full 5 minute length regardless of whether a goal or goals is/are scored during the 5 minutes.

A minor penalty is negated if it was called (official's arm raised) just prior to a goal being scored. However, if the penalty was called (official's arm raised) on the scoring play subsequent to the puck crossing the line, then the penalty must be served.

JUNK old team,worse results. Campese proved he does not have what it takes. The empty seats show it. If the caliber of player was equal or close to MacNiel there would be results like the Dub Russia game where he was the most effective player on the ice. He has no one to match his speed. He is a passer with no triggerman . Sorry Parker never came back Clearly if a WHL team is to stay in this city, a quality person has to be at the helm and not a BCJHL flash,or another recycle dinosaur job like before. This is crap. 5 year plan is what was sold to selection committee and fans.......hate to see the Campese 10 yr plan............JrB?