Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Time to ban hockey fights

Default don't forget pro boxing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    Fighting is not causing concussions, head shots are. If they want to ban fighting in hockey, I guess UFC should be banned all together!
    followed by celebrity mud wrestling, diva pillow fights, and full contact hot dog eating contests.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEATMAN View Post
    Beauty hit in my book, but in having such a large grey area with respect to headshots, nobody actually knows what is legal anymore.
    If you thought the Letang - Pacioretty hit was clean, then I presume you have no problem with the Savard - Cooke hit either, right? Pacioretty CLEARLY hit the head first. The irony of that hit is that Pacioretty felt he was targeted when Chara hit him, yet here he is targeting Letang's head.

The thing is guys like Colton Orr, Zenon Konopka, George Parros, etc. don't have a place in the NHL anymore. Statistically speaking, of those 3 I just listen, Parros has had the best season throughout their combined careers, with 10 points. That's right, in a season, the most any of them have mustered up is 10 measly points.

But the best example is Kevin Westgarth. Here's a guy so limited in his abilities, he's not even dressed every night!!! He played in 56 games last year, and if he dressed in EVERY game for the rest of the season would only have played 63 games. And in his 75 career games, he's got 5 points.

Currently, the top 10 guys with the most fights are Zenon Konopka, Brandon Prust, Derek Dorestt, Tim Jackman, Zac Rinaldo, Brad Staubitz, Shawn Thornton, Jarret Boll, Jamal Mayers, and Krys Barch. COMBINED they only have scored 18 goals. That equates to a tie for 7th place overall.

My issue isn't with fighting in hockey, but its with the goons who can't do anything but fight. If you want to argue that they are there to protect the star players then fine. If that is in fact their jobs, then they fail at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    My issue isn't with fighting in hockey, but its with the goons who can't do anything but fight. If you want to argue that they are there to protect the star players then fine. If that is in fact their jobs, then they fail at it.
    That is what keeps the ban fighting debate going. Goons who contribute nothing to the game. great post
    GO WARRIORS GO