Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WHL trade bait for deadline

Default Really......

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaget View Post
    You have too many opinions. You don't need to share EVERY SINGLE THING THAT POPS IN YOUR HEAD. Of course you are much too dumb to even begin to comprehend what I'm saying.
    Says who? You? You sound like a 9 year old swearing at someone through a locked door. I'm not on here to seek the approval of people like you. SAJ has said it out loud to you now too. You best watch your step on here. You don't seem to want to talk about hockey, you just want to throw insults around like you're untouchable. That's why there are Moderators on this site. They won't shut me down, because I use the site for what it's intended for.

What do you actually know about hockey?

"You best watch your step" oh have I given you the impression I care?? This forum clearly is all you have in your life so no either way it would not affect me in the slightest.

And yes I sneeze out more hockey than you could ever dream. You just post for the sake of posting with nothing substantial to it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    mjw22, you can disagree with my take on things all you want. You have a right to your opinion, as I have to mine. But this punk comes out of nowhere and all he does is talk down to everyone he talks to on here. It's not just me. Disagree with him a couple more times and he'll go at you too.

You and I may agree to disagree, but we actually go to games and follow our teams. I can respect that in anyone. We disagree about things pertinent to our own teams situations. This clown is just on here telling people they're stupid and they don't know anything. He has barely said a word about hockey, but has a pretty fluent use of profanity that has not gone unnoticed by the moderators. He's had a few posts pulled already because of it.

And, by the way, Mark Stone is not going anywhere. He will finish his junior career. If he doesn't, I will be absolutely stunned. But I''l be man enough to admit I was wrong.
    maniac be prepared to be stunned

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaget View Post
    You have too many opinions. You don't need to share EVERY SINGLE THING THAT POPS IN YOUR HEAD. Of course you are much too dumb to even begin to comprehend what I'm saying.
    as per earlier post to you don't be an *&** try and at least inc hockey and or humor not just out right personal attacks or you will pay mods wrath and be kicked off island been there done that
    Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    youre certainly endearing yourself to people.

you do know that there is something of a probationary period for new users, right?
    he may find out quickly
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default About Stone.....

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    maniac be prepared to be stunned

as per earlier post to you don't be an *&** try and at least inc hockey and or humor not just out right personal attacks or you will pay mods wrath and be kicked off island been there done that

he may find out quickly
    Interestingly I was talking with some people today who don't think it's that bad of an idea. What would Stone give us back in a trade? The reasons I feel it won't happen are as simple as A) He's our leading scorer and B) He's our Captain. Teams don't usually part with their locker room leader unless the boat is all but sunk( see Everett). The parity in our conference has everyone pretty much within reach of a playoff spot. I, of course, am expecting a sweep in PA this weekend by my Black and Gold. That will move us back to the middle of the pack.

But I'm pretty sure that someone, not named Stone or Ferland, will be playing their last games as a Wheat King this weekend. To pry Stone away would have to be an off the chart offer from a team out west I would guess. Because he wouldn't be sent somewhere where he could burn us this year.

Interestingly I was talking with some people today who don't think it's that bad of an idea. What would Stone give us back in a trade? The reasons I feel it won't happen are as simple as A) He's our leading scorer and B) He's our Captain. Teams don't usually part with their locker room leader unless the boat is all but sunk( see Everett). The parity in our conference has everyone pretty much within reach of a playoff spot. I, of course, am expecting a sweep in PA this weekend by my Black and Gold. That will move us back to the middle of the pack.

But I'm pretty sure that someone, not named Stone or Ferland, will be playing their last games as a Wheat King this weekend. To pry Stone away would have to be an off the chart offer from a team out west I would guess. Because he wouldn't be sent somewhere where he could burn us this year.
    KM will move players where ever regardless of who they are (Schenn ) if he can build a better team for next year or the one after.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default But there comes a time.....

KM will move players where ever regardless of who they are (Schenn ) if he can build a better team for next year or the one after.
    when you gotta go for it. I'm sure the year you guys played Vancouver in the final and lost, you all thought....if only we had picked up one more....whatever. As the saying goes, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. It just can't always be about next year. Our Mem Cup year there was little to be had.

Default The thing with the Schenn deal....

when you gotta go for it. I'm sure the year you guys played Vancouver in the final and lost, you all thought....if only we had picked up one more....whatever. As the saying goes, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. It just can't always be about next year. Our Mem Cup year there was little to be had.
    is we had the scoring depth after we picked up Matt McKay last year. He was a huge part of our turnaround. This year Stone is our bread and butter. When he was gone, KM got to see just how effective we are without him.

Had Brouwer not been hurt prior to the finals it may have been a different story. He was the most dominating player in the league that year. So staying healthy is huge
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default Depth

Had Brouwer not been hurt prior to the finals it may have been a different story. He was the most dominating player in the league that year. So staying healthy is huge
    Thats why depth is crucial at the deadline. You need to have as much as possible. This year the parity is so prevelent that it's going to be tighter than ever. Ther are alot of teams shopping for the same sports cars, but you still a couple of work trucks and maybe a racing bike or two.

is we had the scoring depth after we picked up Matt McKay last year. He was a huge part of our turnaround. This year Stone is our bread and butter. When he was gone, KM got to see just how effective we are without him.
    Not to dwell in the past, but the main reason KM dealt Schenn was this; he got a HUGE return without giving up anything from his roster, at the time of the trade. Schenn was gone regardless of the McKay trade.

But back on track. I posted this thought in the Wheat Kings forum as well. If the "prices" for top end talent remain at the same level as they ended off last season, (see the Schenn, Eakin, etc. trades) I think Stone would garner a return somewhere between what Regina got for Ashton and what KM got for Schenn.