Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: WHL trade bait for deadline

Agree 100% with Some Arrogant Jerk. We need to either $*#@ or get off the pot as they say. No point in keeping Wealer and not doing anything else. If we do that I am not 100% sold that we even make the playoffs.

Rebels are 10 points back of us with 3 games in hand. It is not crazy to suggest that they could catch us. I think with the additions today Brandon moves ahead of us. If Makarov is healthy soon Saskatoon moves ahead of us as well. I see Regina Calgary and Red Deer battling for 7 and 8. How cool would a Regina / Moose Jaw first round be?

Quote Originally Posted by PPatsFFan View Post
    You my friend need to think before you type. You lose a lot of credability as a person who actually watches the games with statements like this.

Sundhers point and goal totals...

39 points 19 goals - 22
    61 points 25 goals +9
    76 points 24 goals -11

and minus 3 this year.

Weal

70 points 16 goals -10
    102 points 35 goals +3
    96 points 43 goals +13

and plus TWENTY FREAKN NINE THIS YEAR.

Excellent penalty killer as well. Weal absolutley dominates games. Sundher is a nice pickup but dont get silly. Weal might be the best player in the East.
    Have to say you're right on both accounts. Interesting trade Sundher . WK only get him after MJ gets Braes . When you look at what both teams gave up I'm sure if MJ wanted him bad enough our 1st gwinner and johnson would have done it . Interesting ?
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default Penalty Kill

You my friend need to think before you type. You lose a lot of credability as a person who actually watches the games with statements like this.

Sundhers point and goal totals...

39 points 19 goals - 22
    61 points 25 goals +9
    76 points 24 goals -11

and minus 3 this year.

Weal

70 points 16 goals -10
    102 points 35 goals +3
    96 points 43 goals +13

and plus TWENTY FREAKN NINE THIS YEAR.

Excellent penalty killer as well. Weal absolutley dominates games. Sundher is a nice pickup but dont get silly. Weal might be the best player in the East.
    He's a +29....yes he is. Regina has the 7th worst PK in the league. With the amount of points he puts up it balances out. I'm not saying he's not worth alot. But I have watched the guy play since he came into the league. He's a slick skater with more moves than a box of ex-lax. But in the D zone, he's just not effective enough to be a good PK guy. Just because he plays on the PK doesn't mean he's great at it.

It all boils down to the fact that if the Pats wanna make the playoffs this year, you are best served to keep him. I have never heard of a team sitting 5th in the conference blowing up their team to rebuild. What Weal lacks in defensive prowess, he more than makes up for on the offensive side of things.

I have no doubt if Moose Jaw wanted Sundher he would be a Warrior. Braes is the better player if you ask me. I like Sundher and I'm happy for Wheaties fans. But Braes is what Brandon was yearning for. A complete 2 way player. Should be a fun science experiment KM is launching however. Maybe he is thinking ... If we score 7 a game... We are bound to win a whole bunch. Lots of fire power for sure, personally I think Braes is a guy you win with in the playoffs.

Workn nights. Can't wait to wake up this afternoon and see what has shaken down. Bulmer is a huge chip! Whatever happens Im excited to see what line ups will look like after tonight.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    He's a +29....yes he is. Regina has the 7th worst PK in the league. With the amount of points he puts up it balances out. I'm not saying he's not worth alot. But I have watched the guy play since he came into the league. He's a slick skater with more moves than a box of ex-lax. But in the D zone, he's just not effective enough to be a good PK guy. Just because he plays on the PK doesn't mean he's great at it.

& Brandon has the 3rd worst PK in the league so what are u trying to say here? U havent watched enough of Weal to know what he does or doesnt do on the PK he has a Faceoff rating of over 68% that alone helps out on the PK he is always out there for key faceoffs on the PK in the D zone, usually the 1st faceoff right after the penalty is called.

He is +29 on a very offensively challenged team i think that speaks volumes for his defensively play.

Also Braes is a 10 times better player then Sundher is, Braes is a 3 zone guy Sundher is all offense & nothing else. So far the Warriors are by far the biggest winners this trade deadline, who can still add a quality euro as well to give them more offense. With MJ's defense & goaltending they will have the edge every time the Warriors play the WKs.... when was the last time a run n gun team won anything? my point exactly

Its great the WKs got Sundher dont get me wrong regular season playing teams that rnt good defensively it will be a treat to watch as a fan, after that & when playoffs start where its alot tighter defensively the WKs will fail. When will KM learn he needs defense over offense.

This feels weird coming from a Bronco fan, but from what I saw of Regina until this point, if it comes down to a mucky type playoff style they can hold their own if they continue to get the goaltending.

I have no doubt if Moose Jaw wanted Sundher he would be a Warrior. Braes is the better player if you ask me. I like Sundher and I'm happy for Wheaties fans. But Braes is what Brandon was yearning for. A complete 2 way player. Should be a fun science experiment KM is launching however. Maybe he is thinking ... If we score 7 a game... We are bound to win a whole bunch. Lots of fire power for sure, personally I think Braes is a guy you win with in the playoffs.
    That's been the KM way since '04-'05, if not earlier. He runned and gunned his way to the eastern conference finals in back to back years. The difference is that while those teams didn't have outstanding goaltending, it was much better than what he is getting now.

Iconwhl

only 2 trades on trade deadline at 2pm Regina time??? isnt the deadline at 3pm Calgary time? which only makes it 1pm there at this moment.....

is there more to come within the league or is this 1 of the slowest ever trade deadline days in recent memory?

Last year If I remember correctly they waited tll right near the deadline then trickled out the trades one by one. Only the morning trades were announced early.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/