Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WHL trade bait for deadline

Calvert cameback because he was playing for his hometown Wheaties and that they were hosting the Mem cup. He picked loyalty over money.

Sundher would be crazy to comeback thou...lol

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bepoleon View Post
    Calvert cameback because he was playing for his hometown Wheaties and that they were hosting the Mem cup. He picked loyalty over money.

& im sure it did NOT hurt Calvert's development to play another year of junior, i remember years ago when there was actually QUALITY 20yr olds in junior all over canada now the 20yr olds are the most watered down age group in our leagues.

Pro hockey takes these kids at way to young of an age now even if they are not elite players, prime example of a player this year is Garrett Mitchell. Going to pro hockey when ur not elite status does not help there development, especially when they have not proved anything at the junior level. The big part of the problem is the young age that the NHL drafts there players at, i hope the NHL gets what they want out of a new CBA & raise the draft age, only hockey drafts 17yr olds out of pro sport which is flat out stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    only hockey drafts 17yr olds out of pro sport which is flat out stupid.
    Explains the less than 40% success rate for drafted players .
    GO WARRIORS GO

Iconwhl deadline date?

When is the trade deadline? Jan 10? total guess

Default You win the Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post
    When is the trade deadline? Jan 10? total guess
    Jan. 10 it is......it's the most wonderful time of the year. Armchair GM's as far as the eye can see.

My Wheat Kings might look for a big body on the blueline and we still need an upgrade at 2nd line center.

NEXT!!!!!

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    Jan. 10 it is......it's the most wonderful time of the year. Armchair GM's as far as the eye can see.

My Wheat Kings might look for a big body on the blueline and we still need an upgrade at 2nd line center.

NEXT!!!!!

The only thing that needs to be upgraded with the WKs is between the pipes, u guys have a great hockey team but u never know what ur going to get between the pipes on a nightly basis.

Default Goalies not the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    The only thing that needs to be upgraded with the WKs is between the pipes, u guys have a great hockey team but u never know what ur going to get between the pipes on a nightly basis.
    It's allowing 40+ shots per game thats killing us. If we can cut that down with a more sound defensive approach, I think the rest will take care of itself. Thats why I want a big body defenceman that plays physical, and you guys can have Melnychuk anytime. So glad this is his last possible year.

Default Lethbridge Hurricanes

I would be surprised if Lethbridge made any big trades, and I hope they make me eat my words. They have 5 '92 born players plus Sutter, Braes and Ketlo, they could get some good future assets in return. The coach/GM, for whatever reason always believes they will make the playoffs when in fact hot goaltending has been the reason for recent wins. If that cools they will be right back in a tailspin. They are in an excellent position to make trades but lack of being in touch with reality has been their history.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Iofthestorm View Post
    I would be surprised if Lethbridge made any big trades, and I hope they make me eat my words. They have 5 '92 born players plus Sutter, Braes and Ketlo, they could get some good future assets in return. The coach/GM, for whatever reason always believes they will make the playoffs when in fact hot goaltending has been the reason for recent wins. If that cools they will be right back in a tailspin. They are in an excellent position to make trades but lack of being in touch with reality has been their history.

Is ur GM Brent Parker in disguise?

Default Lots of Movement

This year there will be more movement than people even realize. Saskatoon most likely will chase alot of high end 18 yr olds to load up for next year. Edmonton and MJ will try to bulk up as this looks like it might be their year to aim high.

As for us, we are not far off the pace. We will make at least one deal, maybe two. But when they happen, we will be in much better shape. We need a deal to help us cut down our shot against per game. If we could average about 25 shots against per game, we'd be in way better shape.

Petrovic would be a huge move, but we need a center for the 2nd line. Vause, Braes, or Sundher would be a definite plus.